Pages

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Yahoo Billy Steps Up...and We Both Step Down

First, the debacle was diverted. He understood completely that I didn't want the night's agenda to be meet, have a drink, have sex and actually seemed concerned that I had felt that way. Very nice. So, the date was on.

Second, he's adorable (I mean, really, really adorable ~ just as cute as can be); he's tall but not skinny, which is different for me and I discovered I really liked; he's got excellent taste in music that is even as ecclectic as my own ~ which is rare; he's got depth of personality that I actually was given glimpses of that really impress me. And yes, I spent the night and we had a very nice time, thank you. He even sleep snuggled. Who knew Yahoo Billy would be a sleep snuggler? And, while I'm not usually, I actually snuggled back and it didn't suck ~ which is the highest compliment I can pay sleep snuggling because dammit, there are snuggles and then there is sleep and ne'er the twain shall meet. Let me freakin' sleep already!

So ~ what's the problem? Why am I not here doing the Pobble Hop? The answer is I really don't know. Don't misunderstand me. It's not at all that I dislike him. There is nothing about him to dislike. And I even understand why he's got women throwing themselves at him. The man is..ahem...well...I understand why he's got groupies and all of you do now as well without me having to spell it out, I'm sure. He bought the drinks at the bar. He held my hand while I navigated cobblestones in my high heels. He has the Muppets and techno on his iTunes. He brought me/us water before bed. He offered to turn the volume of his television down if it was too loud for me to fall asleep. He is well tattooed yet none of them are just flash. He is (and Yahoo Billy, if you are reading this, I'm stealing your line. Hell, I'm stealing it even if Yahoo Billy isn't reading it) shy but never timid. Knowing what I know about him and about myself, we should have clicked immediately. Tepid to indifferent on both our parts should not be the response here. And trust me, it is on both our parts. I was nothing special this morning, either. Hell, between not being able to take my makeup off, the giant zit that took over my chin and bed head, I was very nearly bear trap ugly!

I truly believe in his element, Yahoo Billy is hot shit. I know in my element, I am hot shit. And I think we are even hot shit in very, very similar ways. But neither one of us was in our element last night. We were two strangers trying to decide what we wanted from the other one. This morning, I suggested we get to know each other better. (Bless him, he looked like a deer in the headlights as he said "I'm not looking for anything." The relief was almost humourous when I laughed and said "Dear God, NO!") I just want to see if the person I think could be my friend is really in there because right now, it's kinda ... eh, whatever. Isn't that horrible? But I just don't believe he's really that boring. So, we're going to get to know each other a little better, hang out a little more, see if we really could be friends. We both understand neither one of us is looking for A Relationship. And oh thank God that we are on the same page! So, it will be interesting. And I think it will actually even be a good time. I know it could be. And if it's not, if for some reason he continues to bore me and I continue to bore him ~ even that'll make a good story one of these days.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

12 comments:

Jaded said...

Next time I'll read the blog BEFORE I ask questions, lol.

Get to know him...then he'll see you're ALWAYS something special!

Graziella said...

Is not wanting "A Relationship" rejection? No, but some times it might feel like pseaudo-rejection. Because you like someone enough to spend more time getting to know who they are, and/or you like their company and there is potential, doesn't mean, I do or don't like you. At least that's my opinion. Perhaps when people are busy being all cautious, it's hard to let that guard down, and it's hard to be your self when you and the someone you're with both have your guards up. So instead of allowing one's self to be swept off thier feet, you feel (fill in the blank) instead? I don't know, just a thought.

kimber said...

Some of the best relationships I've had were 'lets just get together and see where it goes, no strings attached', frivolous & blaise fun. I hope your fine, fine snuggle session with Yahoo Billy starts a friendship. :)

christine mtm said...

just have fun... but i've said that before.

Adrian said...

"shy but never timid"

Is a very good line. And I shall be stealing that myself.

Dreamer said...

Young eyes viewing the blog! ^^;

Have fun, enjoy life, and smell the buttercups...make friends and whatnot...^^

Tai said...

Kimber's right...even a good snuggle session is the start of something...even a good friendship!

Spider Girl said...

It's always a relief to know you are on the same page with someone...it can get rather awkward otherwise.

I laughed when I read "Muppets" and "techno" on his IPod...if nothing else, he's seriously well-rounded. :)

sttropezbutler said...

This is real stuff.

That's what really cool about it.

Real stuff.

I hope a friendship grows in Boston!

STB

CrackerLilo said...

Well, he sounds like he's worth having fun with, as long as y'all are honest and match each other's pace. You can't force chemistry, but you know that.

And sometimes it's just damn good to get out of the house.

*hug* I'm glad for you both that you did this, anyway.

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

You are so brave; I'm still cowering on the dating front, but it's about time to get out there and make a little eye contact...

Rose said...

It sounds like this is a person that you can have fun with. Get to know each other...