Pages

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Playing Hooky is Good for the Soul

BegoniaGraziella invited me to be the fourth on a trip to WaterCountry in New Hampshire today. Two of her other friends, who I know and like, had decided we should all take the day off from work and go play. Not having ever been to a water park as an adult, I wasn't sure what to expect. Not being much of a water lover, I wasn't sure what to expect. And knowing that I burn in about three seconds flat, I was afraid I knew exactly what to expect.

I am relaxed in a way I haven't been in a month. I am delightfully tired. And thanks to liberal and regular applications of SPF 45, I am tan, tan, tan. We had a great day. We talked and laughed and took goofy pictures. And the three of them didn't even mind when the introvert of the group needed to simply sit in the shade and read Harry Potter for a bit after having been surrounded by crowds for five hours.

A friend has been telling me for nearly a month now that I needed to take a mental health day. And I've been telling him I couldn't for this reason or that reason or the other reason. Today, I had no choice. I couldn't work; everything was too wet. It simply wasn't an option. I didn't drive so I couldn't cut the day short in order to get back to my computer. Once I had made the decision to go, there was nothing to do but let myself be there in the moment and enjoy it. So that's what I did.

Playing hooky is definitely good for the soul.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

9 comments:

Rose said...

It is good that you played hooky. A day away from the stress of everyday life is a nice way to relax. Glad you took the opportunity.

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Oh, god, that sounds great. I want to play hooky. For about three months.

dondon009 said...

Now that sounds wonderful!

Glad you had a great time and I'm beginning to believe that any adventure with the Pobble is sure to be a real adventure!

No one will ever have to remind you to "dance" my friend.... your life if becoming one beautiful never ending dance!

DON~

ZooooM said...

Glad you got out there and had a great time!

Graziella said...

I'm glad you came with us! It was great!

Thanks for the invite for supper and block 5, the dark and stormy hit the spot.

nRT said...

My 19y/o daughter was just asking me if she was to old to go to Water Country with out bringing any little kids.
I told her she still was a little kid but now she can drive her self to Water Country.

CrackerLilo said...

Happy you took the day off!!!!

Your boss sounds like an absolute slavedriver. :-)

Dagoth said...

Hi Pobble

Sounds like a well needed Play Day. Glad you had a great time...

kimber said...

Hooky is an absolute necessity!!!! Man, I wish it was actually warm enough here to enjoy playing in the water...... sigh.