Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A Little Jaunt

Lithus and I took a couple days off. It was lovely.

The view from the hotel...


My favorite building in the view from the hotel...


A sight that threw me at first...

Now, just a clarification...At first I thought I was thrown because there was an American flag at all. I certainly didn't expect one (although it's very nice that they fly it.) Then I realized ~ it's not the fact of the flag. It's the fact that the flag is tattered. I'm not In The Least offended. I still think it's flattering the hotel is flying it. They certainly don't have to afterall. However, here in the States, you don't see a tattered American flag flying and it took a little while for me to figure out what was different.

Curious architecture...
(I do understand this is a demolition/renovation project ~ and it's a fascinating demolition/renovation project!)

Finally, leave it to me to go all the way across a landmass, into another country and still (unknowingly, unintentionally) park in front of this...


And something I learned: one should never refer to Hawkins' Cheezies with the phrase "Oh, sure; Cheetos."

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

9 comments:

CrackerLilo said...

Looks like you had a nice trip!

The British flag is tattered, too. I don't like to see tattered flags of any kind (except maybe Confederate). Girl Scout training, I guess.

Funny how regionalisms work, isn't it? I'll be sure to *not* call them Chee-tos when I go visit L'Ailee's Canadian cousins with her...or else to run like hell! :-D

Hermes said...

You're welcome any time. I'm not sensetive about the Cheezies but you have to understand, they haven't changed since 1970 - not even the packaging! And you can now attest to the fact that they were superior, were they not? I love tattered flags. Makes me think of your national anthem because dspite the enormous challenges, obstacles and, yes, defeats that your nation has faced, still it flies.

Tai said...

But...where WERE you? It sort of LOOKS like Victoria, but...I'm so confused!

kimber said...

Where are you, Pobble! I'm with Tai -- it does look remarkably similar!

BostonPobble said...

CrackerLilo ~ It was indeed a nice trip. And, as for Cheezies (and a note to GOML! within the note to you), they are indeed superior to Cheetos. I highly recommend them.

GOML! ~ Yes, as mentioned above, they are indeed superior to Cheetos! And yes, I too thought of my national anthem as I watched the flag. Actually teared up in a good way.

Tai ~ Give Wolfgrrrl a call. ;)

Wolfgrrrl ~ Check your email. ;)

Graziella said...

Love the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Where were you? Canada, I'm assuming, since I see my beloved Maple Leaf flying high and proud but were you in Ontario? That's the closest one above y'all...I miss Alberta dearly ;_;

BostonPobble said...

Graziella ~ It's a Beautiful place.

Dreamer ~ I understand why you miss it. I'm already looking forward to going back.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, unfortunately because of lovely high college rates...we won't be going back for a while...And if you ever want real loveliness...the Jasper Loop is THE best...Bannf is utterly beautiful, that's where we normally stopped between Calgary and Edmonton.