Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

Oh...Wow...Dude...You're Kidding Me, Right?

Yesterday morning, Mechie, Lithus and I met up with our fuel truck driver for breakfast. He's a local to Medford and knows of a great little diner that serves prime rib on Sunday mornings. We had to try it out. When the three of us got there, the driver says "I'm glad to see you. There was an accident on your street earlier this morning, two guys and a gal. All three were killed. I didn't think it was the three of you but I'm still glad to see you."

We all made appropriate noises and shook our heads and assured him that the three of us were just fine and ready to chow down.

Last night, Mechie called Lithus. The "gal" was none other than CMFTW from Friday's post.

Oh...wow...dude...you're kidding me, right?

Nope, seriously. No false alarm. No attention grabbing melodrama. That young woman's dead in an accident this weekend that could've involved Mechie. That just a few weeks ago would've involved Mechie.

Lithus and I held each other pretty tight last night. He's being gentle ~ in that rough way men have ~ with Mechie today. But still...

You're kidding me, right?

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

2 comments:

Neo_Prodigy said...

.............................................

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Yeeks.