Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

222

When my dad first died, I marked a lot of time. I wasn't suicidal or anything. Even then, I knew there were too many adventures to have to even think like that. Plus, it would be the greatest insult to his memory and his parenting. But I did mark a lot of time, living for the time I would die and get to see him again.

Even once the grief changed and I stopped marking time, started actually living for living again, I often said that, given a relatively sound mind and body, I wouldn't want to live past my mid-to-late 80s because I didn't want to go without seeing my dad any longer than that.

Last night, Lithus and I got to talking about vampires (don't ask). It dawned on me that, while I would miss my dad deeply, if I were with Lithus, I would be want to be immortal. It's a silly, unrealistic thing to even consider. And it made me smile anyway.

Guess I married the right guy two years ago.





Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

0 comments: