Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2014

New Orleans Didn't Help

Just the other day, and to much support I might add, I wrote about trying to wait until after Thanksgiving to celebrate Christmas. It was much easier before tonight.

Tonight was the Jackson Square tree lighting. Now, admittedly, it wasn't as early as last year, when it was on November 16th ~ but it's still damn early. And I still went, because I still can't resist a tree lighting. As I realized last year, there's enough real stuff to get outraged about (I'm holding my breath over Ferguson, even as I write this). I'm not going to deny myself something as harmless as a Christmas tree lighting.

I still won't decorate, or play carols, or do anything Christmas-y here at home, but the music and colors were lovely.


Creepy gingerbread man, keeping Halloween alive

Across the street



Before...


After!
The brass band was wonderful. The second-line parade was wonderful. It was all wonderful (and a little creepy, but even that was wonderful).

Christmas isn't here ~ but it's coming.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

0 comments: