Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The End of Hiatus

Well, my friends, it has been an interesting time. And what do I mean by "interesting?" Do you happen to know the Chinese saying "May you live in interesting times?" That saying is a curse. Think "interesting" like that and you'll be more on track.

HOWEVER! Being a particularly tenacious Pobble, I am back ~ and things are pretty damn good again. Thanks to everyone who checked in and sent warm fuzzies my way. Don't fool yourself ~ those warm fuzzies are part of why I am back and things are pretty damn good again!

And I've learned a thing or two. Such as...

* drivers in CA, NV and WA go the speed limit, regardless of how good the music or how high their heels. to the point that they actually slow down when the speed limit drops from 65 to 55. who does that????

* reputation be damned, people in CA aren't as nice as New Englanders

* tumbleweeds are real

* the mountains in NV and WA are friendlier than the mountains in CA and CO. and no, I'm not sure exactly what this means either, I only know it's true

* 2 cups of coffee are necessary before dealing with children under the age of 6

* I eat a lot when someone else is doing the cooking

* a stuffed Bear, 2 dogs and a Pobble sleep better on a queen-sized bed than on a trundle-twin

* sometimes wearing size 12 jeans that don't fit feels even better than wearing size 10 jeans that do fit

* my friends love and support me to the point that I am humbled by it

So welcome back to Pobble Thoughts. I've missed you. And I'm around again.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will still get you coffee.

18 comments:

Nemeria said...

Yea! So glad you are back. You sound good. Miss you!!

christine mtm said...

WHOO-HOO! the world is back on it's axis.

love you, sister!

(and here is an omen only you would understand. the first 3 letters of word verification spell out p-i-e.)

Tai said...

Missed you, too! So glad you're back. Can't wait for your funny/enlightening/always interesting posts!

Dagoth said...

Hi Pobble

The Pobble is back... Been missing you bunches and bunches... Can you tell there is a Happy Dance going on over here on this end of the I.P. ...Yeah Buddy!!!

kimber said...

Welcome back, Pobble! You were missed!

BostonPobble said...

Nemeria ~ I feel good...or at least a damn site better than the last time you saw me! Miss you, too.

Cats ~ Love you, too. p-i-e, huh? Well, well, well...

Tai ~ Thank you. I'll try to deliver. :)

Dagoth ~ Yes, the Pobble Hop is happening here as well.

Wolfgrrrl ~ Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Do you mean to tell me you were in Washington AGAIN??? And I'm just finding this out because...? Hee!

It's lovely to 'see' you dear Pobble. I missed you.

Hermes said...

Sometimes the most important part of a story is the return. What would have been the point of the Fellowship if Frodo couldn't go home?
Yay! is how I REALLY feel. Good to have you back.

Jaded said...

Glad you're back on the blogging planet.

And thanks for the emails/support. It means more than I can say.

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Oooh, I was hoping you'd come back! Yayyyy, so nice to see you again.

BostonPobble said...

Traci ~ Yep. I did it again. ;)

GOML! ~ Good point. And thanks.

Jaded ~ You know I love, ya.

GNGirl ~ I hoped I would be back too. It's a good feeling.

CrackerLilo said...

You know, I've never been West of the Mississippi (except for a flight to Alaska), so those are all good things to know.

But the very very best thing is that YOU'RE BACK!!!!!

*running hug*

BostonPobble said...

Cracker ~ Yes, these are indeed good things to know. Except perhaps the tumbleweeds thing. I could have gone a long time without knowing that one!

ZooooM said...

HOORAY BACK! And I agree, CA peeps aren't nearly as nice as New Englanders. However, I have to disagree with that speed limit thing. I'm regularly violating the limit by over doing it. Music or no.

SenorGeek said...

Never far can you go that you are not in my thoughts ... glad you're back :)

Rose said...

Alrighty. You were missed. Great lessons learned.

BostonPobble said...

Zoom ~ So maybe it's a Tahoe thing rather than a CA thing...?

Speaker ~ I love you, too, dear, dear friend.

Rose ~ Lessons learned indeed!

Krystal said...

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!! Pobble is BACK!!!!