Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Going Out

Going out isn't my strong suit. I am always about three large steps away from agoraphobia, which is odd when you consider how much I adore doing. Doing, as in going for coffee. Doing, as in wandering around my favorite places. Doing, as in anything that gets me out and about and in the world. But first, before I can begin doing, I have to go out. Which isn't my strong suit.

It's part of what makes being a writer an appopriate career choice, because I can quite happily stay home for days on end. It's also part of why I prefer to live in downtown, because when I can just walk out my door and be there, going out is easier.

Today, I finally decide I should go out. I had been out with Lithus several times. I'm not a complete hermit. But, in terms of just walking out and discovering the world, I hadn't really done it since my birthday. Until today.

Downtown Anchorage is wonderful. Autumn is wonderful. The sounds and smells and feelings of being out were exactly what I needed today.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

0 comments: