Pages

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Little Gifts

I have written before about my measuring spoons and how important they are to me.

Aren't they great?


In the 8 years since I wrote that, their importance hasn't diminished in the least. If anything, they are more important because I am now sharing my life with someone who appreciates them as much as I.

When I bake, I use them. When he cooks, Lithus uses them. They are our working set of measuring spoons. Only about 2 years ago, the 1/2 teaspoon broke. Right there at the bowl, it snapped off. I was devastated, but Lithus assured me it could be fixed. So, we put it away until we could get it fixed. Again, that was 2 years ago.

I mentioned it to him a couple days ago, asking if he knew where it was any longer. We both thought it might be in a drawer. Sure enough, it was.

Today, we ran out to run some errands before The Kids arrive tomorrow ~ and he stopped in to the watch shop down the street.

My 1/2 teaspoon was fixed. He'd taken it over and gotten it repaired. Not as a holiday present. Not "for any reason." Just because it was time that I had my set back together again.

It's a little thing, but it means so much.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.


0 comments: