Pages

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Better Late Than Never

Several weeks ago now, GNGirl issued a challenge to her readers to post about the things in our world that we love and that make coming home such a joy. At the time, I was arguing with my camera and it was winning. But no longer! I have prevailed over the technology and can finally rise to the challenge. Admittedly, this was tough because I have a pretty strict rule about not having things if I don't love them. However, I think I have chosen wisely. So, without further ado, here are some of the things that I enjoy the most about being in my space...




These are my loveseat and fabbo pillows. They reside in my den of iniquity ~ which triples as guest room (it's a sleeper, even!) and television room. For snuggling with the puppies, for napping, for lighting the candles around it and lounging, this is a wonderful space. Whenever I'm sitting here, I feel like a 1940's movie star. Not bad for a sleeper sofa.







My teaspoons. These were the first things I bought without thinking of the SGM's tastes as well as my own. These I bought just for me, to hang in my home. I have the matching measuring cups and love them as much. The spoons, though, represent more. I will measure things I don't need to measure just to use them. They are the first thing that gets hung in a new kitchen.




I adore sconces and have several in just about every room in my home. However, this collection pleases me particularly. I've owned the lanterns for several years and this is the first time I've ever hung them. The tiles behind them read "heal" "magic" "play" and "be free." These were bought while I was dealing with the issues around my biofamily and slowly, slowly getting my head around the truth of the dynamic. While I have hung the sconce and the tiles before, there is something about them in this configuration, along with the lanterns, that brings me peace.







All my life, I wanted peacock feathers in a vase in a room. The wax lanterns clustered there. And, in a slight cheat ~ the corner of my favorite print. It's by Ty Wilson and I have owned it since I was 15. The Lovely Cats had taken me to the mall just outside of Philly when I saw this poster. It took my breath away. I decided then and there that I would live that life at some point. Somehow, the peacock feathers and the candle lanterns got tied into that promise. Twenty-two years later, I've actually made that promise come true. This corner reminds me of that fact.





And, finally...



This is CeeGee. CeeGee stands for Ceramic Giraffe.
A couple years ago, I was having one of those days. No matter
what I did, I couldn't make it right. On the way home, I stopped
and bought a pack of cigarettes, a six pack of hard mike's
lemonade and a ceramic giraffe. It was an excellent combination.
He never, ever fails to make me smile when I need to ~ or even
when I don't. I hightly recommend owning a ceramic giraffe.
Those are Pobble Thoughts ~ and Pobble Things. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

10 comments:

Jaded said...

Clearly, I covet the spoons.

And the giraffe.

Sorry you missed the party. The last of the guests just left, and it was a lovely time. Next year, perhaps.

Dagoth said...

Hi Pobble

Wonderful things! The loveseat begs to have you come and curl up on it and CeeGee brings a smile and a great laugh from deep inside. I noticed the lovely old chess set in the special corner, I'm fond of those. I love this post that G did and though I did it, I don't think I'm actually done with it. There are some more things that I would like to show and will probably do it again...

Unknown said...

love seat pillows tend to make me really happy.
nothing in this world is better than feeling comfortable.

Tai said...

Does CeeGee really have only 3 legs? If that's the case, no wonder he makes you happy!

(Yes, that couch is DIVINE!)

Rose said...

I love your things that makes you happy...the couch looks extremely comfortable. Thanks for sharing.

2 Dollar Productions said...

I dig that couch as you could easily feel transported to a different time and place and identity sitting on that thing.

And who doesn't need a good giraffe? - That's the real question.

nRT said...

what a great collection of happiness..the spoons and measuring cups are my favorite....you have a great and peaceful place.

dondon009 said...

We all have a CeeGee of sorts...

Yours is just too cute!

I love the love seat... it just screams BORDELLO!

As for photographs, a certain photograph arrived in my email this week which brought me much joy... I looked at it again today, and joy all over again!

ZooooM said...

I'm mentally trying to steal your sofa. I love you, BPP, but it's so awesome I might have to give in to stealing it from you.

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Oooo, I just love your stuff! I'm so glad you played. Those spoons are too cool, and I want that loveseat also. This was fun!