I am slowly returning to the land of the not-under-a-rock-nonwriters-without-looming-deadlines. You probably know the one I mean. It's the one where people don't speak in definition form and rarely discuss the differences between bonds and debt securities (all bonds are debt securities but not all debt securities are bonds ~ in case you were wondering.)
The deadline was officially met last Thursday but our editor is on vacation right now so I'm sitting on the manuscript for the time being. I'll send it next week. No way does this thing get lost in her inbox. No way.
Meanwhile, here are some things I have learned the past few weeks:
* if you spend enough 14-16 hour days at the computer, sleep becomes a non-event. it is nothing more than the thing which allows your brain to function for the next 14-16 hours;
* if you look at the word "loan" often enough in one 14-16 hour sitting, those letters in that configuration cease to have any meaning whatsoever;
* the apartment complex is very quiet during Lionel's last walk when the last walk occurs at 3:00 a.m.;
* Lionel seems very loud on his last walk when the last walk occurs at 3:00 a.m.;
*it is impossible to write on a subject about which I really know nothing with World of Warcraft in the background;
* it is possible to code a manuscript about which I really know nothing with World of Warcraft in the background;
*eating nothing but strawberries and toast for two days makes me very hungry on day three;
* a cut on the tip of one's left index finger causes many typos when the bandage is larger than the tip of one's finger usually is and it takes about three days to adjust to aforementioned bandage and stop making so many aforementioned typos;
* a lot of keys fall under the left index finger when one is typing;
* Lionel can get up the stairs of the new place;
* Lionel cannot yet get down the stairs of the new place;
* that barking you hear is Lionel at the top of the stairs;
* coffee made by Lithus tastes better when I'm working than coffee I've made myself;
* it is easier, more peaceful and all around better to work when Lithus and Timber are at home than it is to work when they are away. In spite of World of Warcraft.
Those are Pobble Thoughts ~ which will soon be followed by more regularly scheduled Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.