Pages

Sunday, August 09, 2009

It's Corny But...

..every now and then, I get an email from a reader that touches me. Today, I picked a winner for the latest contest I ran and she is thrilled. Thrilled. She never wins anything. She's had a crappy weekend. She never imagined she'd have a second chance at it once the original winner was announced (the original winner never got back to me so I had to give notice then choose another one). I've made her day, her weekend, possibly her month. Does this sound a little over the top? You should've read the original, unparaphrased version.

For me, this is my job. Marketing and relationship development is as important as the actual writing. I forget that it is often more than just a job. And the truth is ~ as much as I touched her, it's no more than she's touched me.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

3 comments:

Neo-Prodigy said...

And based on our conversation it sounds like that email came at an opportune time. ;D

See, someone is watching over you.

Rose said...

Readers don't know how much their words means, and authors words are important to readers....we need each other.

2 Dollar Productions said...

Sounds like a win-win situation. Ha. Seriously, that's great, and even better that it came at a time when her luck was runnning south. Very cool indeed.