Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Military Meerkat Moment

Chief Master Sergeant Richard Etchberger received the Congressional Medal of Honor today. As well he should have. 42 years ago, in a country he needn't have been in, doing a job no one had any business asking of him, he did the unthinkable and not only got everyone onto that helicopter before himself, but he kept them all alive for God only knows how long under God only knows what kind of the darkest of conditions. Another something that struck me though, was the statement that his wife had known all along where he was and what he was doing ~ and she had kept his secrets for him, even after his death. I understand that. I respect that. I live that and let me tell you, it isn't the easiest thing in the world. I'm glad he's getting the recognition he deserves.

And today, the Senate voted against even starting a debate to discuss if they should vote on repealing Don't Ask, Don't Tell. We can't even talk about talking about it apparently. I'm going back into my hole and grumble. Sometimes, meerkating is worth it (thank you, CMS Etchberger). Sometimes, it just pisses me off (yeah, I'm looking at you Senate).

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

2 comments:

neo-prodigy said...

I was taking that test yesterday when the DADT decision hit.

You know I was shaking my head.

Gay Soldier's Husband said...

Yes, we're still licking our wounds. But we will prevail. We have to.

Thanks for your support.

XOXOXO