Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

Yes, yes, yes, I know. It's a commercialized, artificial holiday, created by Hallmark and other evil corporations.

So what?

See, I don't care. I love it. Always have.

Now that I'm with Lithus? Good grief, I'm positively mushy. We each have things that make the day important. For me, it's flowers. No roses, thank you very much, but flowers. For him, it's a romantic dinner. Today, he showed up with an amazing bouquet, wild and messy and gorgeous. Tonight, I'm preparing Cornish game hen, with couscous and asparagus. And, of course, chocolate. :)

So to all of you, if you love Valentine's Day, or loathe it. If you celebrate it with a partner, or friends... Happy Valentine's Day. May your day be filled with chocolate and romance.

Those are mushy, romantic Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you yummy chocolates.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fixed one of our comfort food classics for dinner for Terry. Had a bottle of Navarro wine. The rain and the cold are back, so there was a fire in the fireplace. A lovely Valentine's Day evening!

Rose said...

Hi Pobble
I enjoyed spending special time with husband doing this time. Right now I am finishing the large chocolate dipped strawberries my daughter got for me. Last night it was lobster. I like Valentine's Day because of the focus. Too many times we are too busy to say I love you. This is simply a reminder to make everyday special for the one you love. Happy Valentine's Belated of course to you and Lithus.