Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

69? Really? Cool.

Contrary to reasonable expectation, this post is not about sex. It's about colleges and college rankings. The US News and World Report has come out with its college and university ranking. With My Heart looking at schools, I decided to check the list.

My alma mater, Northeastern University, is ranked 69th. Now, I always knew that, for my program, it fluctuated back and forth between number one and number two in the county (with Sam Houston State University in Huntsville, Texas, if you're interested). And I knew it was a solid school for a handful of other programs, as well. But nationally ranked...? I have to say, I'm surprised.

Sixty-ninth is just below WPI. It's tied with UConn and Virginia Tech. It's above American University, for crying out loud.

Honestly, I have stopped talking about having a degree in criminal justice because, thanks to DeVry and ITT Tech, a CJ degree has the respectability of a draw the pirate and you could be a real artist. But I am proud to say I have a pre-law degree with a concentration in international human rights law.  Guess I'll start adding from Northeastern University to that.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

1 comments:

Neo-Prodigy said...

"Honestly, I have stopped talking about having a degree in criminal justice because, thanks to DeVry and ITT Tech, a CJ degree has the respectability of a draw the pirate and you could be a real artist."

Hehehehehehe. More than most, I know EXACTLY what you mean on that score.