Pages

Monday, May 09, 2011

Nicotine

When I was 23, I quit smoking after seven years. When I was 30, I realized my marriage was in trouble, looked at a friend and said "All I want is a drink and a cigarette." Over the last 11 years, I've tried off and on to quit, but it never really stuck. Then two Augusts ago, I went back on the patch again ~ and was told by my dear, wonderful Dr. B. to not worry about the timing of it all, to stay on the patch as long as I needed to. So I did.
Until this week.

As of last Friday, I am nicotine free for the first time in eleven years. Lithus is, as well, which makes it even better.

It's very very cool.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

2 comments:

Neo-Prodigy said...

[HUGS]

AppsRUs said...

Bravo! Be there now for more than half my life after a two pack a day habit. Word verification "njunweed"!