Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

A Part of the Scenery

Lithus and I were out this evening, wandering our streets and taking it all in.  It had been raining hard all day, so it was nice to be out and enjoying it, instead of out and wet and miserable. We were about two blocks away from our apartment when Lithus noted that the area looked like something out of some noir film. Dark City. Sin City. Maltese Falcon.

Glistening streets: check. Flashing neon signs with letters burned out: check. Fog around the street lamps: check. Run-down, formerly elegant stone and brick buildings: check. Windows lit behind sheer curtains: check. I was literally opening my mouth to say all that was missing was some smoky brunette wearing a PVC trench coat when I remembered...

I was wearing this:


For the first time ever, I had a sense of being part of the scenery. Not just an observer, but part of what made New Orleans so special for someone else. Shame the sax player was home for the night...

Just because you can't see the smoky brunette doesn't mean she isn't there.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

0 comments: