Pages

Friday, April 10, 2015

Curly Girl

I was about 12 when I realized my sister, my friends, even the grown ups around me were putting their hair through horrible chemical processes to get what my hair did naturally ~ and still didn't look as good as I did naturally. Perhaps that was one of the unexpected benefits of growing up in the decade that epitomized Big Hair: the '80s.

Truthfully, I was an adult before I ever knew not liking one's curls was a thing for women. But now, as an adult, I also recognize how incredibly lucky I was. Still am.

Every now and then, a new stylist will practically beg me to let them straighten my hair before I leave their chair. Fine, whatever. And they ooooh and aaaaaah about how gorgeous it is. I smile and say "but it's not as gorgeous as my curls" and I mean it. The rest of that day, I feel...off...somehow and can't wait to get in the shower in order to get my curls back. For those of us who have embraced them, they are an integral part of our personalities.

So while I am deeply sad this campaign needs to exist, since it does, I'm really glad it exists.





Rockin' the Curls...




And okay, some wine, too.
Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee (and wine, apparently).

0 comments: