Pages

Monday, July 20, 2015

10 Years

I started this blog on July 20, 2005. Things...weren't good. Which is part of why I started this blog.

By July the following year, I was living in Worcester, Nemeria had gotten married, I had met someone worth chatting with, and Crow's ex had died. All of those things were an adjustment, apparently.

July 20, 2007 was a double post day. A scary thought and the return of a friend.

By 2008, I was writing books full-time ~ and coming out of crunch time.

July 20, 2009, Pauline had a guest post. It was very exciting (I obviously didn't erase the link, either {and no, it's no longer live}).

Yet in 2010, living up in Alaska, I totally revamped the 3rd novel.

Come 2011, we had left Alaska and signed a lease in New Orleans.

And oh, in 2012, the noir-ish romance of the city was still with us.

In 2013, I reconnected with Starbuck, my badass Starbuck.

Then it was sad in 2014, as I learned the ugly side of being able to find just about anybody online, and learned my suitor from when we were young had died.

And now... Ten years, people. God, you've seen me through so much. From really not good to better than I ever could have secretly dreamed of, let alone believed possible.

Here's the thing ~ the thought of shutting Pobble Thoughts down completely makes me sad. Just the other day, Lithus and I needed to remember a date, so I looked it up here. It's a record of my world like no other.

But. But I'm not writing nearly as much as I used to and ~ and here's the kicker ~ I don't miss it. Oh, when I'm in the shower, I compose a post every now and then. Or something will happen and I'll think "that will make a great blog!" But I don't get back here to write it, and find that's okay with me.

And I can't bring myself to let it become another one of those blogs that just...stops. Where the person simply doesn't come back.

Yet the thought of shutting it down makes me sad... What's a Pobble to do?

I've decided that, here in a few days, I'm going to turn off my comments; no one leaves them any longer anyway. If you've been lurking, drop me a line to say goodbye. I'd love that.

And I'll turn off my stat counter, too, because in the 9 3/4 years since I first got readers, I have yet to have a day when no one stopped by, and I can't bear to see that day come.

Maybe I'll write again. Maybe this will be the catalyst that brings this blog back full force. Maybe I'll revisit during the holiday. Maybe I'll post occasionally for myself. Or maybe this is the last one. It's been ten years, after all.

I'm home again. I am loved and I love ~ both beyond word and measure. I have a job that pays better than any I've ever held before, and I can do it in my pajamas. Even things with my biofamily are the best they have ever been. I'm healthy, happy, and deliciously well.



Thank you for being here through it all.

I think maybe it's time to go do something else now.




Those, my dear friends, are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee. As always.

7 comments:

MikeC said...

Say it ain't so, Boston Pobble! :-(

Cattyjackie said...

Pobble, I've been lurking here for a long time. I can't remember if I've ever left a comment before but here goes. I've enjoyed your ups and have been sad for your lows and you are ever amusing. I will miss reading your thoughts as you are a down to earth person that I would LOVE to have a cup of coffee with. You deserve the happiness you have found. Good luck with everything you do!

BostonPobble said...

Mike ~ Every good thing must come to an end. And who knows ~ maybe I'll be back. Just in the days since posting this, I found myself going to write another one a couple of times. We'll see. ;)

Catty Jackie ~ Thanks so much for delurking to say goodbye, and for your kind words. I've often wondered who was out there. Maybe one day we'll have that cup of coffee. My very best wishes to you, as well.

Miriam said...

Thank you! I've enjoyed reading this.

ApprsRUs said...

Sorry to see the blog brought to an end. It has been my pleasure to read

April said...

What?! No more Pobble blog? I can understand maybe shedding old skin, needing to evolve...maybe you could change the template or increase the price of a cup of coffee...not sure where I can get one for a buck fify after all...

Anonymous said...

Seems like many of the blogs I've followed around over the years are now ready to sign off. I've enjoyed being a by-stander to your life the past few years and enjoy your writing style. Good luck in the future!