Pages

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Why Is It That...

...I own the only coffee maker in the country for which there is no replacement carafe?
...my camera is at hand when Lionel and Daisy are sleeping but not when they are doing something cute?
...the men who make the biggest deal about not wanting to be in my life are the ones who don't stay gone?
...blogger lets me leave comments on some blogs but not others?
...I can go weeks, months, even sometimes years without wanting something and then end up on a kick where I want to do it, eat it, or see it every day for weeks?
...at 7:30 p.m. I am falling asleep at my desk but at midnight I'm wide awake?
...I am willing to spend money on coffee and half and half but not vegetables?
...it takes me so long to return phone messages but I respond to emails quickly?
...I can think of clever, witty posts when I am in the shower or on the road but not when I am somewhere I can write them?

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some of us are morning people... some of us are evening people. ALL of us have those moments when "Gee, I only wish..."

Coffee is one of the basic food groups.

Nemeria said...

So sorry I missed you! I was bawling over Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Drat these hormones!

Dreamer said...

Because that's the way it works.

See, I'm even a vegetarian and I'll splurge on a million different kinds of tea and look at an orange and roll my eyes at the price...

Spider Girl said...

Pobble, you ask surprisingly universal questions...

christine mtm said...

does this mean you are drinking instant?!!!?

2 Dollar Productions said...

That's a good list, and to respond, I could live without veggies but not coffee, I carry a dictaphone on trips to catch witty thoughts, email is far easier to reply to than a phone call which is usually draining and not convenient & I've got no solution to the animal picture issue. Sorry.

BostonPobble said...

Appsrus ~ "Coffee is one of the basic food groups" Is there any wonder why we became friends in our own right?

Nemeria ~ No worries!!! You're allowed to bawl over things like that. :D:D:D:D:D

Dreamer ~ so what you're telling me is I need to stock up on interesting teas? because it is SO CLOSE now!!!!

Spider Girl ~ most questions are universal, don't you think. :)

The Lovely Cats ~ Dear Lord NO! I've rigged my coffee pot. Please.

BostonPobble said...

2 Dollar ~ I was responding while you were commenting. Didn't mean to leave you out. :) A dictaphone... I tried one when I first started writing and hated it. Maybe it's time to try it again.

Dagoth said...

Hi Pobble

Lilly Tomlin used to do a "Why is it that" as part of her standup routine, it was absolutely hilarious... My favorite was "Why is it when we are talking to god, we are said to be praying, but if god is talking to us, we are said to be schizophrenic"...