Pages

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Shout Outs

Cracker Lilo tagged me a couple days ago. So, here we go!

RULE ONE, I have to grab one of the books closest to me, go to page 56, type the fifth line and the next two to five lines that follow.

RULE TWO, I have to pick five people who love books and who could receive the Bookworm award with honor.

THING THE FIRST: "It is the same with people. The best judges never miss the mark. And from the very first." "What has this to do with me?" I was anxious to get on with my lesson and impress him with the many facts I had memorized for his benefit since last time. "Everything. First you must develop this skill within yourself, just as you have developed your skill at riding or music."
The Autobiography of Henry VIII ~ Margaret George

And yes, I am honored to be officially dubbed a Bookworm!

THING THE SECOND: The tag. If you have the time during the holiday busy-ness, I'd love to read a few lines from the books closest to Dennis R. Upkins, Mike C, $$, Wolfgrrrl and Cam Pike. Just for shits and grins, people. :)

Now, if you'll look back at the subject line, you'll see the shout outs are plural. Which means there's another one.

Especially for Get Off My Lawn!....



Now, next time I sign off weirdly, you're not left out of the coffee loop. The very thought makes me shudder.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will, indeed, get you coffee.

9 comments:

Hermes said...

Ahhhhhh. As the caffeine osmosifies itself into my bloodstrea my head goes light and me eyes close half way. Dark as Hell, bitter as death and as sweet as love. Thank you.
I was going to read five lines from the nearest book for you but its a phone book. No one wants that.
You're the best!

Cam Pike said...

Just happens to be the book I am currently reading -

"'I was awaiting your orders,' said d'Artagnan, crossing his blade. But the two rapiers had barely rung on touching when a squadron of His Eminence's guards, commanded by M. de Jussac, appeared around the corner of the convent."

I'm sure you know the book. "The Three Musketeers" Alexandre Dumas.

Anonymous said...

I just got back from a weekend out of town, but responded to the tag nonetheless. :-)

It's here:
http://csquaredthoughts.typepad.com/thoughts/2008/12/ive-been-tagged.html

Krystal said...

No one ever tags me...

***sighs***

2 Dollar Productions said...

Bookworm is an honor in my book. Ouch. That was a terrible pun, especially on a Monday morning.

I assume you're currently reading the book you posted from, eh?

Anyway, I"ll post this up on Wednesday and I enjoyed your last entry as well.

kimber said...

Tag accomplished!

2 Dollar Productions said...

Tag is up . . .

CrackerLilo said...

Ha--you're the only one I tagged who did it so far! But you were the first one I thought of, for very obvious (I think) reasons.

Casdok said...

Im crap at doing tags!
So am impressed!