Pages

Friday, January 16, 2009

When Online Advertising Goes Bad

I have several email accounts. Some are for those sites you want to check out but are required to give an email address to register. Some are for work. Some are personal, primary or secondary. I have more than one address on a couple different servers. At least two of those servers use tracking in order to give you ads that are specific to your interests, geographic location, recent searches...whatever.

Two different servers and three different email addresses have given me the same ad today:

TRY CHRISTIAN MINGLE FOR FREE! MEET OTHER LIKE-MINDED CHRISTIANS...AND FIND LOVE!

There are So Many Reasons this is funny.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

5 comments:

Rose said...

I see advertisers are starting the New Year with a boom. Hope you are having a blast!

CrackerLilo said...

I get stuff like that, too. I take comfort in the idea that at least no outsiders are taking *that* close a look at my e-mail. I mean, obviously!

kimber said...

Is this God's way of telling you He wants you to get it on? Chickabowbow?

Anonymous said...

My favorite are the spams that tell me that they have the magic pill that can make my penis longer and I can have her cumming for hours.

I'm like, you are sooooooo barking up the wrong branch.

BostonPobble said...

Rose ~ They are, at that. Life is good. Hope it's the same for you!

Cracker Lilo ~ There is that. Good thinking.

Wolfgrrrl ~ Oooo! I like that idea!

Neo-Prdigy ~ ROFLMAO