Pages

Saturday, January 31, 2009

More Sound Bites

It continues to be a crazy ride here so we are still on quick, bite-sized bullets. With apologies...

  • Lithus and I registered for the wedding. Enough people wrote and said "we are getting you something, a little guidance would be nice, please" that we went ahead and did it. It was fun and now the people who want to get us something know the kind of thing we're looking for.













  • The initial printing of the novel is 31,000 copies. This is huge. This is breathtaking. This is rockstar for a debut author. I had to put my head between my knees.
  • Reviews are starting to come in. They are good. They are better than good. They are the stuff dreams are made of.
  • The copies you put in the mail to reviewers are called ARCs (advanced review copies). I have figured out how to print them on my computer so that I don't have to pay Kinkos. The mailing rate is still kicking my butt. (And yes, I'm saving my receipts for my taxes and yes, I'm using the cheapest available *wink*)
  • I refuse to bitch about the cost of mailing out ARCs (the above was a statement of fact) because it means this many reviewers want to review my book ~ and who can bitch about that?
  • It's available on kindle. Initially, I was told it would probably not be available in any e-form because they saved that for bigger prints. 31,000 makes it available in e-form, I guess.
  • There are already several signings scheduled ~ between March and September, for God's sake.
  • My favorite bookstore in the entire world will carry the book.



  • Amazon has already shipped it; Powells already has it on their shelves ~ and it's not even officially released until next week.
  • I have figured out my "brand" on my professional blog. It's going to be about living a champagne life on a beer budget. New posts every Monday. Feel free to check it out. Or just hang out here. While I need the traffic over there, Pobble Thoughts and my Pobble readers keep me grounded.
  • I'm getting married at the end of February. Sometimes the beauty of this man I love and the family we're building takes my breath away, even more than the book stuff does.
  • My life does include more than books and weddings ~ but not much more. Ask again in March.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

13 comments:

Pharmyard said...

Wow, sounds like everything is going so fast...but at least it's all good stuff. Enjoy it to the fullest!!

Graziella said...

Um... I'll be in that vicinity by then... and would love to go to a book signing... hint hint

Rose said...

Congrats to you on all fronts. 31,000 for a first print is great- awesome really.

Anonymous said...

Somehow I feel like a little girl in a little white dress playing in a beautiful garden whenever I read this post..

Spider Girl said...

Congratulations on all the happy things in your life! I'm thrilled for you!

I've blogged rather irregularly lately and now that I'm planning on coming back to it again, it's nice to catch up on all the things that are going on...obviously I've been missing lots of good stuff here.

Cheers to you! And cheers to champagne on a beer budget! :)

traci said...

Are you doing any book signings in Portland Oregon by chance? Please say yes!

Cam Pike said...

Congrats! I'm sure Mrs. Pike will take the "long" walk to your favorite store to pick it up.

2 Dollar Productions said...

First, 31,000 copies is phenomenal. Congratulations on that and the reviews and the whole bit as it sounds very exciting, and you can feel it leaking from the post. Congratulations & enjoy the ride . . . Very, very cool.

traci said...

Guess who's book I bought tonight? Happy Day!

BostonPobble said...

Pharmyard ~ It is going fast. Wicked ass fast.

Graziella ~ Does this mean you're back online, too? Yay! I'll get you dates. :):):)

Rose ~ Yeah, I'm thrilled.

Dreamer ~ I will assume this is a good thing to be feeling.

Spider Girl ~ I'm hoping you are back more regularly. You've been missed. Thanks for the cheers.

Traci ~ Check out the website. There's one I think you'll appreciate. ;)

Cam Pike ~ We've emailed. I've screamed. You've laughed. It's all good.

$$ ~ I always want to say more than thanks to you yet it seems it's all I've ever really got so...thanks. And I hope the meaning behind that leaks from this comment, too.

Traci ~ Squeeeee!

Anonymous said...

Very good thing. The pure joy is what gave off that image.

Graziella said...

Yup, driving up on the 21st and 22nd.

WNelWeb said...

Hello, my friend. First let me say, "CONGRATULATIONS!"
OK, that is done, but far from trivial. I am very excited and happy for you.
Also, more "CONGRATULATIONS" appear to be in order as you are soon to be wed! How wonderful and happy!
I'm sure your world is in a spin these days.