Pages

Saturday, September 19, 2009

On Writing

What an interesting day today was. On the first of the month ~ as I've mentioned here previously ~ I accepted a 1000 words a day challenge. I haven't quite made it but I am doing well, far better than I had feared I might do. Today, though, was an interesting day. The past 17 days, when I worked, I made my deadline. If I didn't make my deadline, I was because I didn't work.

Today, I worked ~ and I didn't make my deadline. What I did do, though, was connect with these two characters, figure out what they feel about each other and why, learn how they got to this place with each other and where they both want to go from here. Honestly, it's the first day like this I've had as a writer and it was more than a little fascinating. My Gestalt Observer was going overtime.

And it reminded me why I like writing.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

1 comments:

appsRus said...

Glad to hear that a phenomenon of which I have heard form other writers happened. Have they taken charge of the story yet?