Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Dribs and Drabs

If you can't take being asked hard questions and not being allowed to set your own agenda when you are on a freaking talk show about being asked hard questions, you really shouldn't go into politics. Stop dishing it out if you can't take it.

*****

What is the allure of Kathy Lee Gifford? What am I missing? I find her to be ~ and have since her days with Regis ~ condescending, judgmental, and rude. Yet people love her. What don't I get?

*****

Have spent the last week working with the designer for my next book cover. Oh so very excited! Nothing more to say about it yet but you know I'll keep you posted.

*****

Our property manager in NOLA adores Lithus. I'm just as friendly as I know how to be; I get one line responses. He emails her and gets a tome, complete with emoticons. Oh so amused.

*****

When Lithus took this job, it was a contract gig with work through March and then we'd see. Based on the last two weeks of work, the project manager has signed contracts for another year worth of work. Ah, the smell of money...

*****

I could start a new blog just doing hotel reviews. I'm not because I'm already juggling two blogs and you know, my job writing. But I could. My first one would be that if you take a Travel Lodge, rename it, paint it black and red, add interesting outdoor lighting, and flatscreen televisions...it's still a Travel Lodge. A particularly unusual Travel Lodge, admittedly, but still a Travel Lodge nonetheless.

*****

Along those lines, think twice about staying at a hotel where along with toothbrushes and toothpaste and a comb, they offer complimentary ear plugs.

*****

Boxing, hula hoop and jumping rope combine for a kick ass workout.

*****

"Brain Eating Amoeba" are three of the scariest words ever.

*****

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

2 comments:

William Dameron said...

Totally agree with you on the talk show thing. Why do we even care about Christine O'Donnell? OK, spill what is the book?

Gay Soldier's Husband said...

After I read the amoeba article today I thought, "Now that's just *&%$%#@ great... I finally forgot about mad cows and now THIS!"