Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

A Little Less Traditional

Lithus and I are still completely in explore mode. With New Orleans in general, and with our new neighborhood, specifically. So, we were out today, exploring, because exploring is one of the things we do best. We live down the block from the NOLA Public Library, main branch. I may never leave the apartment without my drivers license again, because Lithus has his library card now, and I still don't.

However! We also learned that we are right down the street from Ampersand. Yep, that's a rave club. So, we stopped and were looking at the posters. Paul Oakenfold. Skrillex. Such great music. Glow in the dark foam nights. As we are looking and oohing and ahhhing and reminiscing, a young man comes up and asks if we know what we're looking at. We assured him we did. We were able to actually speak some about Oakenfold and Skrillex and laser shows.

Still, when he asked if we'd ever been in, I assured him we had not. Actually, what I said was "Oh honey, no, we're old." At which point, I admit it, he made my day. "No, no," he said. "You should totally check it out. They have shows over at Mardi Gras World, too. You should totally come."

He wasn't selling anything. He wasn't invested. But even being *ahem* of a certain age *ahem* we still just got invited to hang with the local street kids. All because we could talk about a couple old school musicians and have been to light/foam shows. Not bad for 43 and 52, if I do say so myself. 

So, in keeping with the day's techno theme...



And with some dubstep thrown in, for good measure:



Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

0 comments: