Pages

Friday, July 26, 2013

Not The Only One Screaming

From what I can gather, my readers are about 50-50 POC/white. About 70-30 female to male. And about 60-40 LGBTQ to straight. And 99.97% to .03% liberal to conservative. We're an open-minded crowd here at Pobble Thoughts. We're "good" people. Which makes reading posts like the one I'm linking that much more important.

Because it's easy to forget that "I didn't mean to" and "but I didn't realize" and "but I belong to (insert allied organization here)" aren't passes. Don't get us off the hook for screwing up.

As my friend, himself, would put it, here's the money shot:

And who are the enablers? 90-95 percent of the white folks in this country. In other words, most of you.

What? You thought you were one of the "good ones" why because you didn't burn burn down a black church or wave the Confederate flag. How could you not be one of the good ones, you didn't do anything?

And that's exactly my point. 

Check out the rest here.

Those are Pobble Thoughts ~ and Dennis Upkins' words and some harsh truths, if we want to admit them or not. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

0 comments: