Pages

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Heart Update

So, a few posts back, I slipped in there the fact that my heart wasn't working as well as we'd thought. Premature Ventricular Contractions. Normal in a normal heart ~ but mine's not normal. Blah blah blah. And my doctor's PA ordered a stress test and said we'd probably be looking at beta blockers.

For the rest of my life

Lithus and I immediately said sure, if that's what it takes. Anything. But the more we researched it and thought about it and talked about, the less I liked beta blockers. If I had to take them, fine. But I decided I was walking into yesterday's appointment saying "how do we keep me off meds?"

He looked at everything, read everything and proceeded to give me the prognosis: "There is absolutely nothing here that concerns me in the least. You may have a few more PVCs than I do, but not enough to care about. We keep you off meds by not giving them to you."

Then he said two things that very well may prove to be life changing.

Thing the first ~ I said "well, you know I've always been quirky." To which he replied, "actually, no, you're perfectly normal." Said no doctor to the Pobble EVER before. I am perfectly normal.

Thing the second ~ "You are attuned and sensitive to your heart because you had a really serious heart condition all this time, so you feel these things. But you don't have a heart condition any longer. You can stop paying so close attention. You're okay now."

Holy. Shit.

Perfectly normal. Okay now.

I hugged him

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A toast to perfectly normal. As much as we like diversity and quirkiness, sometimes normal is ideal. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

wow, wow, wow! thank you for sharing this news with us!