Pages

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Dammit

Here's the latest on R.J. ~ the 10 year old in Texas with the tumor. Doctors are giving him three weeks. The tumor is just growing too fast and the chemo isn't touching it.

It's that fine line between realism and pessimism. I am not a pessimistic person. I am a realistic person. As I have told my Dear One, so long as the heart beats and the brain functions, there is hope. Perhaps there is only three weeks' worth of hope ~ it's still three weeks' worth. (At the risk of being completely irreverant and insensitive, would one of you lovely readers who is also a writer/editor ~ SpiderGirl, Wolfgirrrl, Hikaru, Rose and the FAEE come to mind immediately ~ tell me if thost apostrophes belong there or not, please. Even in icky times, I am still infinitely myself and care about the misuse of apostrophes.)

So, three weeks and hope. That's the not-pessimistic view of it. Three weeks, give or take a few weeks. That's the realistic view of it.

Dammit, dammit, dammit.

Please continue to pray, cast, send warm fuzzies, positive energy ~ whatever it is that you do and have been doing for the past weeks. Thanks for caring so much. I'll keep you posted.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

11 comments:

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Dammit is right. I ache for them. For you. sniff.

Dreamer said...

I wish I could hug you, Aunt Mame...I know this pain, this part where you have to step out of a little bubble and realize what may and possibly will happen. It's a wretched feeling but I pray, hope, and wish for RJ every moment I think of him...I just hope it's enough.

dondon009 said...

Positive energy heading RJ's way....

and love going to WOOSTER.

A parent should never have to bury a child. It's just not right!

Tai said...

To all of you involved with this little boy and his life; the very best of everything I've got.

CrackerLilo said...

That poor child, the poor family.

So sorry you have to be thinking about this at all.

The hope hasn't completely run out yet. I'll pray. *hug*

sttropezbutler said...

Listening and caring.

STB

christine mtm said...

of course i will continue to pray.

i'm so sorry.

Barry said...

My prayers are with RJ..and thanks for welcoming me to tagging...;)

ZooooM said...

I met a sorta relative [long story] last year via e-mail who was diagnosed with a cancer that "was sure to take his life". He fought. He fought hard. He used positive imagery and A LOT OF LAUGHTER - while using some conventional medicine. He's still here. He was diagnosed in '91 (if I'm remembering that correctly).

There's always hope. I adore your sentence "Perhaps there is only three weeks' worth of hope ~ it's still three weeks' worth."

My hopes are with you.

kimber said...

I'm sending all my best wishes and most positive thoughts your way...

(and your apostrophes look just fine to me, Pobble. No need to worry about that, when you have so many other things to think about and hope for and focus on.)

Trudy Booty Scooty said...

I have no words ...

but I will pray and pray for a miracle.