Pages

Friday, April 14, 2006

Warm Fuzzies

These are 10 things I love. Here's what's neat. I had a hard time limiting it to ten things. You may see this theme again. :) Here's the disclaimer: These are not things like my family, chocolate cake, or a brisk autumn day. These are the obscure, unusual little things that make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

1. Bears. Seriously. Black bears, brown bears, koala bears (I know...), panda bears (I said, I Know...), polar bears, teddy bears, Pooh bears, bear cubs, the Three Bears. They make me smile. (for the record, I'm also partial to puffins, owls, and duck-billed platypus..es? platipi? Whatever, I like them.)

2. My bed. Lord, I love my bed. Snuggle down, pull the sheets up and...ahhhhhhh. For being sick, for being well, for reading a book or doing a crossword, for ignoring the world, for feeling cozy, napping or getting a good night's rest ~ there is no place better than my bed. Golly, I do love my bed.

3. Kids' stuff. Eloise, Barbapapas, Muppets, Dr. Seuss. Proof that genius is not only for adults.

4. Getting mail. Not bills and fliers but real letters from real people actually sent to me. Nothing's better than finding a letter in my mailbox, curling up with a cup of tea and catching up with a friend.

5. Modern inventions. Okay, that is a polite way of saying "indoor plumbing" and "tampons." 'Nuff said, don't you think? 6. Lists. Have you noticed? I like lists. Top ten lists, Best-Of lists, To-Do lists, grocery lists. Hell, I like this list of lists.

7. Funky toenail polish. I stay (relatively) conservative on my fingernails. But if you can't wear electric blue or blaze orange on your toes, really, where can you wear them? 8. Halloween. All the holidays are great. From the end of October through mid-February, I'm practically giddy. And then there is Halloween. It is (almost) the most under-rated holiday. We get to dress up in funky costumes, we get to be scared, we get to do things like drink hot cider and go on hayrides. How can you not love it? (And in case you are interested, the most under-rated holidays are both on Feb. 15th: I Want Butterscotch Day and National Sea Monkey Day)

9. Cherry soda. Not cherry cola, although that's good, too. But good, old-fashioned cherry soda. Canada Dry used to make a great one but now Acme is the best around (if you're lucky enough to have family in southern NJ who stock it for you!).

10. Purple. Yep; I like purple. Blue is my favorite color. It's peaceful and calming. Hot pink is great. It's alive and happy. And still...there's something about purple. All shades of purple, from aubergine ;) to lavender. Purple is the National Sea Monkey Day of my color preferences.

Those are 10 things that make me feel all warm and fuzzy. They may not be your warm fuzzies but I hope they made you think of whatever ARE your warm fuzzies. We could all use more warm fuzzies in the world.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you (warm but hopefully not fuzzy) coffee.

10 comments:

Twisted Lady said...

I love and adore my bed too. I never appreciated it as much until I had the kids. Now it's my escape...I cannot wait for bedtime...

christine mtm said...

you make me feel warm and fuzzy

Dreamer said...

Purple? Remind me to send you some stuff from TCU! ^^

dondon009 said...

Ahhhhhhh my bed; how I love my bed!

Wonderful feel-good post to read with my morning coffee today.....

kimber said...

mmmmmmmm bed.....

dondon009 said...

Hopping on by to wish you a HAPPY DAY!

.... and a reminder that you are loved.

DON~

ZooooM said...

Beds rule. Mr. Zoom probably only married me because of my awesome bed. I used to think spending a good amount of money on a mattress was a joke. Until I tried it. Worth every penny.

We can sleep for DAAAAYS. People call us weird already, but when they find out that on weekends we sometimes sleep until 5pm - well, then the name calling really starts.

Spider Girl said...

I'm definitely with you on the modern inventions thing.

I have friends who belong to a medieval club, which is all well and fun, but they say they are striving for authenticity (me, I just like to dress up) and I point out to them that they wouldn't have a nice clean bathroom with hot water OR their laptop computers and internet connection if we still lived in 1066. :)

Rose said...

I think we all love our beds. I like to sit in the bed and watch tv.

Trudy Booty Scooty said...

I love sea monkeys!