Pages

Friday, August 03, 2007

So... What Now?

Here's the news: I have finished the novel!!!!!!!!!! It feels GREAT! I did the Pobble Hop all over the house last night. Danced with the babies and probably kept my neighbors awake. And before you ask, I have no idea what happens next. It has only just this morning gone to the FAE. She will look at it, we will tighten it up and then it goes to my publishing house and editor. At which point...I have no idea because I've never gone through this particular process before. Do rest assured that you are all invited to the release party ~ whenever that is.

Meanwhile, though, the book is done. I've spent a little over a year of my life with these people and now...it's done. And I'm wandering around today a little lost. I'm not quite sure what to do with myself. New emails? Nope, not since I checked this morning. New posts on the blogs I read? Nope, not since I checked this morning. Hmmmmm...

The next book is outlined and ready to go. Yet I would like to take a little time to let Angie and Chris settle before meeting Carter Anne and Trevor. Monday is soon enough to get to know them. So...what now?

Dear God, I might actually have to clean my apartment.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

13 comments:

dondon009 said...

Let me be the first to congratulate you, dear.... it's so nice to hear some really wonderful news.

I am so proud of you!

What to do now, well start writing the next one of course!

I love you......

DON~

nRT said...

Congratulations. A novel, I can't wait to get more details and buy your book. How cool does that sound, YOUR BOOK.
I was on vacation last week, in NH, no phone or computer..just relaxation.
i was catching up on your blog and I hope I have never offended you(sort of sounds like a pray from way back when I was a practicing Catholic).
Again congrats..when you can, please let us in on the details.
take care

Jaded said...

Congratulations, first. This is monumental stuff!!!

But secondly...DO NOT DO IT!! DO NOT CLEAN THE APARTMENT this weekend. Go out and play for a day or two. The world will not end if the apartment is messy. Spend time with the babies and just have fun!!!

Tai said...

HOOOORRAAYY!!!

Many many congratulations and happy dances for you Pobble!
Need purchasing details!

Spider Girl said...

Yes, I second Tai's comment! All of it!

Let us all know when we can buy it! :)

Rose said...

Congratulations! You must show us how do to do the PobbleHop! I like that name. Let us know more about the novel. I know it feels great to finish.

BostonPobble said...

Don ~ As soon as the dust settles, I will Absolutely start writing the next one. I get purple around the edges if I go too long without writing anyway.

Nancy ~ No worries about you being the person who offended me!!!!! It wasn't any of my readers. And I will CERTAINLY keep you updated on the progress of the book (my book *grin*)

Jaded ~ LOL I ended up going the the movies with the Pierced Chef so no cleaning was attempted!

Tai ~ Thank you, thank you! As I have purchasing details I will pass them along!

Spider Girl ~ Again, thank you, thank you! It will be a while yet as it hasn't even gone to my pub house yet but you'll know!

Rose ~ Ah, the Pobble Hop is an excellent dance, full of jubalence and unadulterated happiness, best done in the privacy of one's own home to prevent injuring the people around you.

Hermes said...

Excellent news. No better feeling and yet... what now? I empathize. My suggestion? Something new. Let us say... Jai-alai! Let me know when your first match is and my money is on you. Meantime, don't forget to tell us when and where to buy your book!

BostonPobble said...

GOML! ~ Jai Alai sounds like a great idea! However, I get the feeling it will take me longer than just today to learn and play and tomorrow I start the next book in the series. You'll have to wait a little longer to start making money on my matches. HOWEVER! You will be the first to know and I'll even give you the name of my Jai Alai bookie!

Graziella said...

Yay! And don't you go posting crazy once I'm gone for the weekend and have to come in 9th on the comment list. :) heeheehee Yay for you though!

Nemeria said...

Hip Hip Hooray! Hip Hip Hooray! And now I'm one step closer to being the fabulous PA of one fabulous lady!

:-)

BostonPobble said...

Graziella ~ Think you might have ended up 9th. Sorry 'bout that one.

Nemeria ~ Oh good, I'm glad you remember that agreement too because I'm counting on you!!!!

D-Man said...

CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!!!!!!!!!!!