Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Book Signing

I have to leave in about 30 minutes for my book signing. The butterflies have started. Wish Lithus were here. Since he's not, it's you guys...

Hair and makeup done? Check.
Gorgeous outfit courtesy of Crow and Seven? Check.
New hair color holding up? Check.
No holes revealing anything improper? Check.
Tattoo covered for conservative readers? Check.
Special book signing pen from Lithus? Check.
Business cards? Check.
Special thanks to Pobble Thoughts readers who let me celebrate and still laugh at the surreal nature of this whole thing? Check.

I think I'm ready. Although the fact that there are people out there who want to meet me and get my signature on anything other than my taxes continues to amaze me.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

6 comments:

Nemeria said...

OOOOh! Hope it went well!! xoxoxoxo

Hermes said...

Have fun. And enjoy it. I think there's a lot of talent involved in garnering fame and recognition, but also a certain amount of hard work and, lets face it, luck. It lasts longer for different people and fame makes no promises. So ride it out. Enjoy it. You deserve a little notoriety. Maybe a lot.

nRT said...

Have fun. Did or will you take any pics? Wish you were in Boston.
nancy

CrackerLilo said...

I know it's late and your signing has already happened, but I hope it went well.

Cam Pike said...

Hope all went well. And yes - it is still surreal...

BostonPobble said...

Nemeria ~ I think it did. But then, whenever I sell a book, I consider it a success. I'm low-maintenance (that way). *wink*

GOML! ~ Notoriety I have in spades, I fear. As for fame, if it comes, great. But I'll take being known, liked and respected in my little corner of the world. Meanwhile, you bet your ass I'm enjoying it. :)

nRT ~ I wish I was in Boston, too! How cool would a signing at Brookline Booksmith's be? OMG ~ dream come true...

Cracker Lilo ~ It went well. See above. :)

Cam Pike ~ Can you believe this???? It's a far cry from that beach on Cape Cod, ain't it?