Pages

Saturday, July 03, 2010

Feeling a Little Silly

When I was married to the SGM, I would literally go months without seeing him. In other relationships, I have been accused of being indifferent ~ one of the nicer terms for it ~ because I was okay with so much time apart. For a long time, I have intimacy issues, people! was practically a mantra here at Pobble Thoughts. It surprised no one, myself included, that when I dipped my toe back into the dating pool, the guys I was most interested in were hundreds, if not thousands, of miles away. Hell, even Lithus was safe. He was on the other side of the country for God's sake!

Now? Now, he's in the tundra. Since Thursday afternoon. He got back from Fairbanks about 11:30 and was flying by noon. He thought he'd be back that evening but wasn't 100% sure. I threw his toothbrush and nicotine lozenges at him, just in case. His mechanic made sure his tent and sleeping bag were in the helicopter. We've all learned. Which is a good thing because sure enough...

He's still not home. We're not even sure he'll get back today. I'm not worried about him. Here in Alaska, they check in with dispatch via radio or SAT phone every thirty minutes. It can go too badly, too quickly up here. So he's fine *knock wood*; he's just busy and stuck on a fire.

Only, this is the longest we have gone without talking to one another since I moved out to Washington state all those years ago. It's only been two nights and about 48 hours. But I miss him. And I guess that's okay, even if I feel a little silly. It's kind of nice, too.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

0 comments: