Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Especially for Mrs. Pike and Slick

Lithus and I were walking down the street the other day and heard a song coming from the convertible stopped at the red light. It was a lovely ballad love song, with a nice hook, so I listened as we all waited for the light to change.


Shawty, I don’t mind If you dance on a pole
That don’t make you a ho
Shawty, I don’t mind when you work until three
If you’re leaving with me
Go make that money, money, money
Your money, money, money
Cause I know how it is, go and handle your biz
And get that money, money, money
Your money, money, money
You can take off your clothes
Long as you coming home, girl, I don’t mind


Writer(s): Matthew Shafer, Chad Hugo, Pharrell Williams, Drayton Goss, Michael Bradford
Copyright: Janice Combs Publishing Inc., Seven Peaks Music, Emi Blackwood Music Inc., Hoodlife Publishing, Gaje Music Inc., Gaje Music, Chaserayn Music Publishing LLC, Chunky Style Music, Warner-tamerlane Publishing Corp.

Now, I have to say ~ I respect the point of this song. I respect it great deal. That being said, you know the lovely ballad lovesong I'd really like someone to write?

One that goes more like this:

Woman, I don't care if you have a PhD
If you're highly educated and will out-earn me.
Cause I know how it is, go and handle your biz
I'll do the laundry, laundry, laundry.

You can wear your lab coat, or a suit
I'll always respect you and think you're cute
It's your whole package I adore,
You've worked hard all day, so I'll run to the store.

Writer: The Boston Pobble

But somehow...I don't think that's happening any time soon. Sadly.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

1 comments:

Mrs. Pike said...

Sigh.... I LOVE your version. It really needs to go viral.