Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2005

The Enemy of my Enemy?

I have been made an enemy. Read that carefully. I am not saying I have made an enemy. But I have been made one. I learned this earlier this week. Now, no one wants to be considered an enemy. We all want to love and be loved. Yet, sometimes...

Understand, this person who has made me his enemy is unusual. This man is a Green Beret. Really. Rambo, John Wayne, and Mel Gibson from the first Lethal Weapon movie. Let me say, before I go any further, I am not in any danger. Physically, he will never hurt me. It's not his style. Emotionally, financially, psychologically...I could be really screwed here.

Luckily for me, I am a Powerful Woman. For all my issues, and boy howdy do I have them, self-worth, self-esteem, and a sense of personal power are not among them. Now that I know I am an enemy to someone, I can protect myself. Forgive me if I don't post here what steps I have taken. Just trust me. ;)

But, what I had to address was this question: If I am someone's enemy, does that make them MY enemy? I have decided it does not. I do not have to love this man, be friends with this man, have him in my life in any way, shape or form ~ and that includes hating him enough to make him my enemy. Mind you, I will not sit like a lamb awaiting slaughter, either. I have taken those afore(un)mentioned steps. But I will not allow him to make himself MY enemy. He cannot have that. I sleep well at night. And I no longer care if he does, too.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

2 comments:

Nemeria said...

Here's some good Karma going your way: zzzwwwwhrrrrzzzozooommmm you get the picture.

Anonymous said...

I wholeheartedly agree! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who gets that just because someone chooses to waste their time disliking you, it doesn't mean you should give them the satisfaction of wasting your time as well. Love ya! Toodles.