Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

It's A Wondeful Life

Two of my favorite movies are 1776 and It's A Wonderful Life. John Adams has long been a hero of mine and I first met him through that film. He was, by all accounts, including his own, obnoxious and disliked. I have come to love him. George Bailey was loved by all of Bedford Falls (well, except for the mean Mr. Potter, of course). And yes, just so we are all clear, I know that one of these men is real and one is fictitious. :)

In spite of John's understanding that he was obnoxious and disliked, he had the respect and admiration of some truly great men. George needed a couple good friends and an angel named Clarence to understand how loved he was.

What I am learning is that I am a blend of these two men. Apparently, I am obnoxious and disliked. I, also, have a couple good friends and an angel named Clarence to help me understand how loved I am.

If I cannot just be The Boston Pobble but find myself a combination of others, I could do a damn site worse than being a combination of these people. I'm in good company.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

0 comments: