Pages

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The Offer I Couldn't Refuse

Back in December when things were so bad, I wrote that I had given notice at work. And then they made me the proverbial offer. While it didn't involve a kiss from a large Italian man or a horse head on my pillow, it was just as persuasive. So guess what I did today? I went back to work.

Here's the contract: 2 days a week (Tuesday and Wednesday), 8 hours a day; a lessening of my duties since my hours are being cut; no decrease in pay; and, the final clincher ~ the flexibility to call in when I am writing or on a tight deadline so long as it doesn't affect my work there.

How could I say no? In some strange, warped, masochistic way, it was good to be back.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

11 comments:

Dagoth said...

Hi Pobble

I went back to my job after taking two years off to run my business and you know I did kind of miss it and am glad to be back. I think having a little time away from there did me good. It sounds like you got a good deal. I hope it works out for you as well...

Anonymous said...

wow. that is amazing. good for you my friend.

Spider Girl said...

I'm just in the beginning stages of wondering if I should be looking for another job (well actually I just accepted another part-timer for the evenings).

I actually mostly like my job--it just needs tweaking. After ten years there, a raise would be nice, for instance. Sigh, but I'd miss the people.

Heh, it's the little things right?

I'm glad your employers were able to meet you in the middle.

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

You must be one hell of an employee and negotiator. Please come here and tell my boss to give me a raise, or else!

Jaded said...

I think working for a living is highly overrated. I just wanna win the Pubisher's Clearning House and retire. Is that so wrong?

Tai said...

I'm glad that worked out for you!

Dreamer said...

Haha...nice...

nRT said...

I'm gald you were able to get the time and hours you needed to do what your writting.
Its a good thing to be "driving the bus" instead of the boss doing the driving.
Peace and good luck

ZooooM said...

Awesome for you. If my former jobs ever came calling with a nice deal about less hours and flexibility with the same pay, I don't know that I could resist either. I hope it gives you a foundation to write your heart out!

Rose said...

What a deal? You should be so blessed...

Twisted Lady said...

That is a good deal!


..I think ;)