Pages

Monday, January 08, 2007

A Visit from Lithus

Lithus arrives on Thursday. *giggle* This will be the first time I have allowed a man who is more than a platonic friend into my home here in Worcester. See, I have this rule ~ no one comes into my space. With the other men I've casually dated or (and let's be really honest here) just been having sex with (edited for Dreamer, I admit), I went to them. The thought of someone relaxing on my couch, snuggling with my babies or noodling around my kitchen...Nope. Until now. Until Lithus.

Now, I'm excited and terrified and delighted. The funniest part is trying to balance the cleaning with the honesty. That's what has me the most stressed. I want him to see how I live...but maybe not exactly how I live. Clean dishes: check. Mop floors: check. Neat desk: no way in hell. Laundry put away: undecided. Objectively, I'm amused at my nervousness. If it were anyone else, it would be downright funny.

Lionel, Daisy and I have had a long conversation about the fact that they cannot take up 3/4 of the bed while he's here. That, although I am willing to squinch myself into the corner for their comfort, two of us with opposable thumbs and a body weight greater than 13 pounds really need to have at least half the bed. They are unamused and will probably rebel. At this point, I'm just hoping they take over one side of the bed instead of wanting the half that runs down the middle.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

11 comments:

Jaded said...

I call my boys "H-Men." Mr. Jaded and I are the two legs of the letter H, and they are the cross-bar. And corgies are long, as are your babies. Good luck with that, lol.

Have a glorious time!

Oh, and we live deep in Eagles territory. Mr. J is a rabid Patriot's fan, what, with him being from Boston and all. I don't particularly care one way or the other, but in general, Eagles fans need to take a valium and a nap. They are often far too obnoxious to deal with. I like the Colts, 'cause I think Peyton Manning is cute. I drive Mr. J nuts by walking around singing "His name is Peyton. He is my boyfriend," to the tune of Copacabana.

nRT said...

Sounds like your going to have some fun.
2007 is off to a good start.

Rose said...

The New Year is bring you some new changes in your life. Good for you...

Anonymous said...

Go Seahawks.

2 Dollar Productions said...

Isn't that nervous anticipation great? Seriously. It's one of the best parts of things, and I'm sure you'll strike the right balance (but go ahead and put away the clothes too).

Nemeria said...

Oh, fun. I hope you have a good time!

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

I've been trying and trying to comment on this; the BlogGods are against me! This amused me to infinity, after having just noted to a girlfrand that I will sleep with a guy, but refuse to cook for him; cooking's much too intimate!

Anyway, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time, and I hope Lionel and Daisy are most considerate, and choose a side! Can hardly wait to hear!

Dreamer said...

Hehe...editing for moi? You're too kind, Pobble Dahling.

Confine the laundry to either the laundrey room or your bedroom, otherwise, you don't have to really put it away...no big deal on that part but awesome! I cannot wait to hear all about it!

Oh, and theatre rehearsal went grand.

ZooooM said...

Happy Lithus Day! I remember having the clean house/honesty struggle too! Somehow,it works out if it's meant to be. And chances are, he's doing some struggling with the same things.

I know the other day I remembered how when I knew Mr. Zoom was coming over, I'd have never considered not getting a shower to greet him all going outside in public ready - but now a days, he comes home, I come home, I've been at the gym, I'm a mess and I just plop on the couch. I've even said to him "I don'tknow how you continue to come home to this, this mess of slippers and jammies, and pony tail on the top of my head to control the fright wig."

Trudy Booty Scooty said...

So? How'd it go with Lithus?? :)

You are so funny....I could completely "feel" your nervous anticipation!

:)

Anonymous said...

Curious that forgot about who helped you move into Worchester.

Even more curious, and not surprising, you are long distance dating.

In all seriousiness, good to see you are making some good discisions