Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Lots of Wow

Wow #1: The Sunday Blog Poll seems to have been a hit. Thanks for your participation. The answers were great. My first unselfish wish would be that you all get your wishes. Gavin is waiting somewhere, afterall.

Wow #2: Lithus arrives tomorrow morning. For two whole weeks. We're heading down for a few days at the Cathouse and the Basement, respectively. Wish us all luck. *giggle*

Wow #3: My baby Daisy isn't doing so well. Last week, the vet discovered her kidneys are beginning to go. The first thing I did was email the amazing woman at Dachshund Rescue of North America who brought them into rescue in the first place. She asked me if she could send out an email to other DRNA members for healing thoughts and prayers. And since I said yes, I have gotten so many emails from total strangers all saying the same thing: their prayers are with me, Daisy and Lionel. The support and outpouring of love has been amazing. Almost as good as y'all are.

Wow #4: Earlier today, Lithus called. After not flying since November, his work had called him back for a tour. Starting Sunday. So he called to ask my opinion. Hell, I didn't know what my opinion was. The last time I was in this situation, my feelings on the matter didn't mean as much as the employers'. Instead, Lithus has arranged a swap with another pilot, will arrive tomorrow morning as planned and will go on his next tour next month. I have never ~ never ~ had the man I love choose me over his work before or even discuss the situation with me. As the Divine M puts it, "damn good feeling, isn't it, Pobble?" Yeah. Yeah, it is.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

10 comments:

dondon009 said...

Hope you have a fantabulous time, dear......

Photos!

I love you~

DON

Jaded said...

Amen to that! People we love should always come first. Mr. J is even putting off a meeting on Friday so he can accompany Jadette and me on a school field trip to the zoo.

And of course my prayers are with you and the babies.

Graziella said...

"we like dating," we LOVE Lithus!!!!

nRT said...

Sorry to hear about your pup. I hope its not from the tainted food that is out there. Please check it out and maybe, the ole kidneys will be OK.
Have a fun two weeks....you deserve the best.

christine mtm said...

well, he's a keeper. (and you know what my thoughts would have been had he decided to NOT come this weekend!)

love you and my little lesbian love puppy.

kimber said...

I hope those damn good feelings continue for you all through the next two weeks!

Tai said...

Love good feelings! Best to the pup, too.

2 Dollar Productions said...

That is a great feeling. Congrats & ride the wave & enjoy it.

For everything else, I hope it turns out as well as it possibly can and quickly.

ZooooM said...

You deserve all the good wow, and more.

I'm really sorry Daisy's wow had to come up - but if there's any way to make that wow a little less painful, I hope it for you and puppy dog.

My mom's dog had kidney issues, and her and the vet were able to give Lady Bug a decent last few years with medication and diet.

I'll be thinking good things for you and hoping for nothing but good wows for you and Lithus and Daisy and Lionel.

Spider Girl said...

I'm thinking about you and Daisy--I hope her good health returns.