Pages

Friday, October 05, 2007

Employed Again

As I have often bemoaned here, new authors aren't exactly rolling in cash. Which means, once again, I am entering the "real" working world. When I started my job hunt, I decided that I wanted something I could leave at the office when my shift was over, something relatively brainless and something that would pay the bills. Not a big order, I admit it. It has taken me nearly four months and a relocation to achieve this goal. Who would've guessed????

See, for a while I had an impeccable but. As in "your resume is impeccable but..." Now, however, since my relocation, I have had one interview ~ and been offered one job. So, today I go pee in a cup and next week officially become part of the working masses again. While writing in the evenings, of course. ;) Because I have always had a career. Now I have a job, too.

My birthday was delightful. Once I find the cord to my camera, I'll post some pictures!

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so now I'm really in the dark. Where did you relocate to?

Graziella said...

It's nice having a job isn't it? :) I admit to being selfish and secretly hoping nothing would come along until AFTER the Loreena McKinnnett concert...

Kalykokatt had a liver transplant on the first, so she won't be able to come up and go with me. :( That makes me dateless.

Hear the teeny tiny little violins? I do. :)

BostonPobble said...

Traci ~ You're in the dark, yes. But so is everyone else. Just enjoy the stars you can't see when the lights are on.

Graziella ~ Wait, what???? LIVER transplant???? Yeah ~ I think that's reason enough to miss the concert. lol

christine mtm said...

make sure you aim straight in that cup!