Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I'm It

Jaded tagged me so here goes...


List 7 things about myself. They can be interesting, weird, whatever. I'm supposed to then tag seven other people. Some people HATE being tagged. Other people (like me ~ you need to tag somebody ~ me! me! I'll do it!) love them. Since I don't know who is who, let me know if you want to be tagged and I'll tag you. Or, simply steal it from here and let me know you're doing it so I can come check it out.


1. I refuse to leave the house wearing "grubby" clothes. I want nice shoes and lipstick on before I go out. Graziella saw me almost every day for nearly a year and a half. She saw me leave the house without nice shoes and lipstick a total of once. And it shocked her.


2. Along those lines, I see no reason to wear sneakers unless I am working out. They are not for fashion. They are for exercise. Period.


3. I cannot stand air hand driers in bathrooms. If I know that's what is available, I will take napkins into the bathroom with me. If I get caught by surprise, I have been known not to wash my hands. Which is really gross. Which is how much I hate air hand driers.


4. I hate having a cell phone. The Divine M and the Grill Master finally gave me one last year for the holidays because I was on the road so often. It was never used because I only used it in case of emergency while traveling. The only reason I use it now is out of sheer necessity. Once I am in a situation where I don't need to use it on a daily basis, it will go back to being the Bat Phone. Period.


5. I am a closet romantic ~ but in a weird way. The standard romantic comedy/chick flick leaves me bored. Love songs just annoy me. A dozen roses on an anniversay, not so much. But a kiss on the head and unsolicited coffee brought to my desk while I'm working...I melt. Being told my bath has already been run for me...I melt. Being taken out for dessert at midnight...I melt. Except for Valentine's Day and my birthday. Yeah, I'm totally typical there.


6. When I toast bread, I like it burnt. A warm roll is lovely, don't get me wrong. But if I'm gonna toast something, it should break when you drop it. That first crunch when you bite into it makes the whole thing.

7. I rarely engender a neutral reaction in people. Upon seeing me, not even meeting me, just seeing me, people usually have a strong reaction. Sometimes it is adoration. Sometimes it is disgust bordering abhorrence. I have finally stopped trying to figure this out or do anything about it. While I never try to create reactions, I also no longer worry about not creating them. I just go about my business and my life and let people react however they're going to react. I smile at the people who like me. And I smile bigger to the people who don't.

Remember to let me know if you want to be tagged (this time and/or in the future!)

Those are Pobble Thoughts, with some help from Jaded. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

20 comments:

CrackerLilo said...

All things I didn't know about you! Why do you hate hand dryers so much? (I don't like them because it feels like I'm baking my hands, but I'll use them if they're the only option.)

Oh, and we disagree on sneakers! My wife gave me slippers that look like Converse hi-tops because I'd wear them or my Crocs every day if I could. I *love* getting out of my work pumps!!!

Jaded said...

Purell. I carry it on my keychain. It's actually more effective than hand washing because it actually kills the germs rather than just pushing them around. Plus, you can wipe down the toilet in a public restroom with it. I do this frequently.

I disagree about the sneakers too. Life's too short to not have comfy shoes on at all times. As for grubby clothes, well, if I'm just running to the bank or CVS, I don't care what I'm wearing. I do generally try to have on a decent outfit when going other places. And I never leave the house without makeup. I might like comfort, but I'm not uncivilized!

Thanks for playing!

2 Dollar Productions said...

These were all interesting, and only semi-weird. Ha. Seriously, I'm with you on the hand drier thing as I loathe them, and I think it's good that people react to you in extremes - the middle of the road is chock full of boring individuals.

I might steal this sometime.

Krystal said...

Okay, I did it. I listed the seven things.

Graziella said...

I couldn't help but giggle while reading this post. Once again, how opposite and yet parallel we are. :)

I own 7 pairs of sneakers and wear them all quite regularly...

And hand blower drier things are evil! Especially the super powered ones that squish your skin around because the pressure is so strong. Being the uncouth farm girl that I am I will dry my hands on my pants if possible or in my hair if possible...

And I wouldn't mind being tagged ;)

Anonymous said...

http://icanhascheezburger.com/page/6/

Second picture from the bottom reminds me of you

P.S.: I miss you...so much that it hurts.

Hermes said...

The instant extreme first impression is indeed interesting... but preferable to being easily unnoticeable. Some of us fly under the radar most of the time and can only make a good impression given an opportunity to converse in depth. My youth was frustratingly dateless.

akakarma said...

I think you are my polar opposite but sound like fun!
I'm with jaded I have given up the fashionista pain and go for comfort! Pink Crocs is all I have to say!

Tai said...

"disgust bordering abhorrence"

Really??? I can't imagine ever feeling that way about anyone from a first look...unless they stink of urine, but even then I feel more pity than abhorrence.

(and I can't imagine, given your proclivity to heels and lipstick that you would EVER stink!)

Gledwood said...

I'm right with you about coming home cleanliness compromised.... I once went to a 48 hour rave in Wales and all I could think about for the last 24 of those hours was getting back home and straight into a hot shower... which is precisely what I did as everyone else wasted time supping cups of tea etc etc

how are you Pobble? Long time no hear I've not been by for a while...

do you remember my blog? You have been there before.

I didn't have this Roborovski hamster avatar back then tho...

kimber said...

Ah, romance, but sensible romance, not the wishy-washy Hollywood sappy treacle! Vive l'amour vrai!

BostonPobble said...

CrackerLilo ~ I can't tell you why I hate them so much. Only that I do. Hmm...I'll have to think on that one.

Jaded ~ Ooo...Purell. I'll have to do that! And, eventhough you won't believe me, 'cause no one ever does, I only wear heels, yes ~ but I only wear comfy heels! If I can't go two full days in them without my feet hurting, I don't wear them again.

$$ ~ The extreme reaction thing is indeed interesting (and says more about other people than it does about me, in my opinion.) Let me know if you end up stealing this!

Krystal ~ ooo! I'll go check it out!

Graziella ~ First, okay then, you're tagged and will be in the future as well. Second, once again, we are similar and opposite ~ the superdupersquishyourskin hand dryers are the only ones I do like. lol

Dreamer ~ I miss you, too, sweetheart. Email me the link so I know I've got the right one. ;)

GOML! ~ I do prefer it to not being completely invisible, I admit. And thank goodness girls become women and start seeing the person in front of them, huh?

Akakarma ~ Thanks. I think I'm fun, too. ;)

Tai ~ Yep. It's amazing. BioSis has always heard me say that but the other day she saw it happen. Her response was "wow, Pobble, you mean it when you say 'hate' don't you?" And you are correct ~ I rarely stink and NEVER in public. :)

Gledwood ~ I admit, I had forgotten your blog until I just went over and checked it! How delightful to see you again. The hamster is adorable. :) And sometimes tea is more important than a shower ~ but not after 48 hours without either!

Kimber ~ "Sensible romance." That's it Exactly!

prioritybooks said...

I'm with you on the tennis shoes/sneakers. They are for exercising.

Rose said...

I agreed about leaving the house looking bad. I just can't do it. No telling who you might see.

BostonPobble said...

Priority Books ~ Yep, exercising only. Otherwise, work it. ;)

Rose ~ And even if you don't run into anyone, you Feel better. At least, that's how it works for me.

Casdok said...

Interesting!!

Dagoth said...

Hi Pobble

I found the value of those hand dryers one night when my wife and I were out and in a bit of excitement she knocked my beer in my lap. It may have looked weird in the bathroom but it dried out the pants...

I had a cell phone when I was managing my bar, but the only people I gave the number to was my bartenders (and they were under strict orders to give the number to no one), in that case having the cell wasn't too bad...

Krystal said...

Pobble? Dear, Pobble?

Where'd you go?!

Spider Girl said...

Yes, yes, the toast thing! We are kindred souls on the subject of toast, Pobble!

And I'll probably go to my grave not ever owning a cell-phone.

BostonPobble said...

Casdok ~ I think perhaps you give my 7 little things too much credit as I'm not sure they were the least bit interesting ~ but hopefully at least one made you smile.

Dagoth ~ I can see the useful of hand driers in that situation. And yes, an emergency cell phone is acceptable (although I had to be taken there, kicking and screaming.)

Krystal ~ Back. ;)

SpiderGirl ~ Yep, love me some burnt toast.