Pages

Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving Recap

I had no idea it could be so easy. Seriously. BIL and I simply didn't stress. It was just the two of us. What time should dinner be? Eh, about an hour and a half after we got hungry because that's how long the game hen needed to cook. What should we do? Eh, maybe watch a movie or play some XBox. Getting a little cabin-feverish? Okay, let's go for a drive and see what's open (a surprisingly many stores.) You want some time for a phone call from BioSis? Take it; I'll go nap. I want some time for a phone call with Lithus? Cool, he kept playing XBox. No way do we want to hit the malls or shops on Black Friday? Let's go into town and discover Chinatown instead. So what if it's already 8:00 p.m.? Stores are open late tonight. Let's go window shopping and out to dinner now, since the crowds have probably thinned out (they had.)

It was lovely. I'm truly thankful.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like the perfect Thanksgiving to me. I'm glad you got to enjoy it!

kimber said...

That sounds like an idyllic holiday! No muss, no fuss, no stress -- perfect!

Graziella said...

Yay for good Thanksgivings! I miss you.

Tai said...

Sweet!

2 Dollar Productions said...

Sounds like a good time, and the perfect attitude for the holiday. Hope you watched at least a quarter or two of the game (and I use that term loosely).

BostonPobble said...

Pharmyard ~ It was lovely. Thanks.

Wolfgrrrl ~ It really was! And who knew?????

Graziella ~ I miss you, too.

Tai ~ Very.

$$ ~ Ah, yes. "the game" I finally turned it off because it was such a rout. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. ;)

Hermes said...

I have known this secret since I was a small boy. I practice my whole life this way and it works fine... for me, anyway.

Rose said...

Sounds like you had a relaxed day. Check out my blog I tagged you.

BostonPobble said...

GOML! ~ Now you tell me. ;) It works for me, as well!

Rose ~ Cool! I'll check it out!

Krystal said...

Sure sounds a lot better than cooking all day for a meal that lasts twenty minutes.

BostonPobble said...

Krystal ~ You got it my friend!