Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Losing Isn't Winning

(Editorial note: This post is entirely out of context. If you don't have the backstory ~ and I have not posted on it so most of you don't ~ it will make very little sense. I have realized, however, that if I don't get it said, I will probably not post again because this is all I can think to write. Also, please remember that if you are reading it here, it's probably not about you. If it was about you, I would have vented elsewhere first and then brought it to you once I was calm. Now then, some out of context ramblings so we can all move on...)

The title seems pretty reasonable and obvious, doesn't it? Apparently, it's not quite a straight forward as that all the time. See, I have recently made a decision that many people in my life disagree with. So be it. In case you hadn't noticed, I don't much care what most people think. Even my friends, as much as I love them and value their opinions, at the end of the day...well, I'm gonna do what I'm gonna do. And yes, it makes me somewhat sad that there are people I love and care about who do not support this decision that I have made. I'm human and therefore would rather have the support (and inherent respect therein) for my decisions from people that I love. Because it is a respect issue for me. Even if people don't understand why I've done something, even if they wouldn't have made that same choice, I've earned myself a reputation for being a sensible adult and deserve to be supported in my decisions ~ even if they seem to be wonky. When I don't get that, it bothers me a bit. Again, I'm human. It just doesn't keep me from doing what I'm going to do.

Have you figured out what the key phrase in that long, rambling first paragraph is? It's this one: I don't much care what most people think. Which means there are a few people who I do care what they think. Not many ~ but a few. One ~ possibly two but I'm giving the second one the benefit of the doubt for now ~ of these few people is really, really upset with me for the decision I've made. Really upset. And that hurts. And it pisses me off.

Because, goddammit, there is more to life than holding onto rules. Because there is more to life than holding grudges. Than living from anger. Because if you lose just to ensure someone else loses, too, guess what? You've still fucking lost. The other person may have as well but guess fucking what? So did you.

So don't get pissy with me just because I refuse to lose in order to prove a point. Don't think less of me because I allow people to make mistakes and learn from them. Don't disrespect me because I didn't make the same choice you would have.

Because I miss you...

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! and Bravo

christine mtm said...

as always, you have my support.

so much so in fact that i am willing to type out the 20 letter word verification they have given me just to post this response, even though i am certain i will make a mistake and have to do it again with an even longer word verification. (how's that for venting?)

oh, and glad you are posting again!

Nemeria said...

Ditto the Lovely Cats. We love you and support your decisions because we know *you* are the only person who should make decisions for yourself (except when you get old and senile and start dressing in horrendously patterned clothing. Then someone's gonna hafta step in.)

For now, just give it time. Hopefully all will eventually understand and accept. Love you!

Jaded said...

Glad you're back. You know I support this decision, 'cause we've discussed it. And your statement reminds me of a line from a song from a show called "The Last 5 Years." If you don't know it, you should find a CD somewhere.

Anyway, the line says:

"No one can give you courage
No one can thicken your skin
I will not fail so you can be comfortable, Cathy
I will not lose because you can't win"

Different context, same idea. As I've said, I know you well enough to trust that you know what's best for yourself. That's all there is to say. xoxo

BostonPobble said...

Appsrus ~ As one of the few, this means a lot. Thanks.

Lovely Cats ~ And if that's not support I don't know what is. ;)

Nemeria ~ Horrendously patterned clothing...Don't step in, just shoot me.

Jaded ~ That's perfect. Is there any situation Broadway can't explain? Nope, I don't think so, either. xoxo

2 Dollar Productions said...

This is always a tough thing when close friends/family/etc. disagree strongly with your life. But it is your life, and you have to do what you think is right.

Good luck pushing through as time typically helps cool things off with people trying to cram advice down your throat.

Anonymous said...

Well, I don't know you well enough to know what this is about obviously. And I'm ok with that. I can honestly say, however, that you are one of my most favorite blogger friends and I would like to know you well enough in the real world to totally 'get' this post. That said...

I support you Pobble my dear. I don't know what your choice was however several come to mind that would have the potential for pissing people who love you off. If it was one of those choices, I'm so sorry you are dealing with extra issues surrounding your choice. Even if it wasn't one of those issues...am I making any sense here?

Yea, I didn't think so.

Just know that I'm sorry for your pain. I'm sorry you are dealing with this situation and I'm proud of you for being able to 'get it out' here and work at moving forward. I'm also glad to see you post because I check every day to see how you are.

Good work my dear. Brava.

Tai said...

I really hope that the message gets through, and that it's recieved with an open heart.
Also? Good luck with your decision, you've obviously put a lot of thought into it.

BostonPobble said...

$$ ~ Thanks. I'm counting on you being right and time handling this. Fingers crossed, anyway!

Traci ~ Actually, you did make sense, at least to me, and that's what matters 'cause it's my blog. :)

BostonPobble said...

Tai ~ We apparently passed in cyberspace. Thank you for the good luck wishes ~ and for the hope that the message gets through.

dondon009 said...

Although I'm on sabbatical, I'm still reading..... and because I love you and treasure your friendship, I support your decisions; as I'm certain you would support mine.

Would I have made the same decisions, most likely not.... but then again that could be the reason I'm alone.

I wish you love and happiness, you deserve both!

Have a wonderful holiday.....

DON~

BostonPobble said...

Dondon ~ Good to see you, my friend. And for the record, I don't need nor want blind support. Your concerns are valid and shared by many. I just don't want, as in the case I have written about, to be expected to lose Just For The Sake of making someone else lose. I love you, too.