Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I Know A Place or Borrowed Money and a Shout Out

BDS over at Two Dollar Productions recommended this meme so I thought I'd try it.

The rules:
1. Put your music player on Shuffle
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER WHAT. (This is in capital letters, so it is very serious.) (That parenthesis actually came with the rules and weren't added by me, curiously enough. But this was, of course. digressing, Pobble...)
4. Add editorial comments in parenthesis after most song names. (Okay, this wasn't in the rules $$ passed along but it's me and I can't not make editorial comments.)

1. IF SOMEONE SAYS “IS THIS OKAY” YOU SAY? Ain't Misbehaven - Ella Fitzgerald
2. WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY? Ring of Fire - Johnny Cash (*giggle*)
3. WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL? Past Time with Good Company - Blackmore's Night (I wonder which is more important ~ the good company part or the past times part?)
4. HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY? Lime in the Coconut - Harry Nilsson
5. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE’S PURPOSE? The Boys are Back in Town - Thin Lizzy (perhaps...)
6. WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO? I Won't Back Down - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers (and this one was a little freaky in its accuracy)
7. WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU? Ballad of Bilbo Baggins - Leonard Nimoy (oh good Lord, I hope not ~ but I can see it.)
8. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR PARENTS? Mack the Knife - Brian Setzer Orchestra
9. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN? Yeah! - Usher
10. WHAT IS 2+2? Terrible Lie - Nine Inch Nails
11. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND? Jump in the Line - Harry Belafonte (hahahahahahahahahahahaha...oh, if you knew the Divine M, you'd know why this is PERFECT!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!)
12. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE? Somebody to Love - Jefferson Airplane (another honest response, not a plant, I swear!)
13. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY? The Miller's Son from A Little Night Music by Stephen Sondheim
14. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP? Island in the Sun - Weezer
15. WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE? Canyon Moonrise - Celtic Fiddle Festival (yep, true if you know the song, what it makes me feel and my feelings on moonrise in general. okay, the mushy, schmoopy interlude is over now.)
16. WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU? Summer in the City - Lovin' Spoonful (this is true AND my mother might actually at least know this song...)
17. WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING? We Could Be Heroes - (I didn't put the artist in here; ooops! but another accurate one)
18. WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL? Southern Cross - Crosby, Stills and Nash
19. WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST? Miss Murder - AFI (and hiding the bodies, afterward, of course)
20. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET? Makin' Whoopee - Eddie Cantor
21. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS? Stay - Jackson Browne (another freaky-true answer!)
22. WHAT SHOULD YOU POST THIS AS? I Know a Place - Petula Clark

Good fun for me, anyway. Hope you enjoyed it, too. :) A scary number of them were accurate.

As for the shout-out promised in the title of this post...Look over there. There. On the left. In my links. You'll notice "Speaker FTB" has been added. He doesn't post often (at least not as often as I'd like him to and, as we all know, it's all about me!) but he posts well.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life to music... 1812, the explosion part..lol, Overture...Beethoven's 9th. Daily; Jimmy Somerville's "Why?"... well crap anything by Jimmy..oh! Happy tune for the dentist....I'm a dentist, Little Shop of Horrors. Fun lay on the floor of a bar song, Timewarp. Just got a ticket song... "Greased Lightning" ..Only Travolta though. Best song for ending the night.."We are family."
Ok that dates me...
Love you.

2 Dollar Productions said...

Glad you took this one, and it was funny that a random look would match up so often. #2 & #5 were esepcially good. Ha.

christine mtm said...

i did it too. and we got at least one that ws the same!

CrackerLilo said...

What an interesting mix of music you listen to!

BostonPobble said...

Anonymous ~ Love you, too.

$$ ~ It was intriguing how often they correlated, wasn't it? And yes, #2 and #5 were two of my favorites as well. >:)

Lovely Cats ~ Why am I not surprised?

CrackerLilo ~ I know many, many people who have larger music collections than I. I don't know anyone who has a more eclectic mix of music than I. :)

Krystal said...

I'll have to do this maybe later tonight. Since I have children's music on there for my kiddos, it could be interesting.

BostonPobble said...

Krystal ~ LOL I look forward to it!