Pages

Friday, February 29, 2008

Viva la Escher!


(With thanks to the Lovely Cats for the title of this post!)

Today seemed like a good day to fill y'all in on what's been going on in my life this last month. It has become very (Very) surreal.

See, I got feedback from my editor about the novel. She loved it. She loved it so much, she doesn't even want revisions. She just wants to get it published. In January, which was the absolute first available slot.

And I ended up with a professional agent, at the recommendation of the FAE (who, I suppose, is now to be known as the FE ~ which is appropriate because she is indeed Friend Extraordinaire, even if she is no longer my agent or my editor.) Said new agent is helping me with the proposal for the next book. And is also representing me for my nonfiction as well.

Because I have yet another nonfiction that I have contracted for. That is due August 1st. And will also be coming out early next year.

I have also gotten a gig writing two reviews a month for a local e-zine. And they are paying me. To review boutiques and salons and shops and cafes. Yep. To shop. And drink coffee. And get my nails done.

Then there is the fact that I will, for some reason that is still boggling to me, need not one, not two but three different web sites (not even including Pobble Thoughts.) And actually have professionals working on two of them!

So, I have the sweetest writing gig EVER, two publishing houses, two editors, a webmistress, a webmaster and an agent. With two books on the shelves, two more due in less than a year, and another in the works. Most days, it's life as usual. Then there are days like today when all this really hits and my world goes a little cockeyed because it is very, very surreal. I have people, for God's sake!

How the hell did I get here?

All I can say is Thank You! and hope She hears me. Viva la Escher.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

20 comments:

Jaded said...

Like I said yesterday...YAAAAYYY!!!

Maybe you're secretly a rock star already.

Congratulations, my friend.

xoxox

2 Dollar Productions said...

Congratulations. I would use an exclamation mark, but I rarely do. Ha.

Seriously, that is great on all fronts. Keep it up as obviously you're "in the zone" right now.

Again - congratulations.

Graziella said...

Looks like life on the west coast agrees with you...

hehe

I'm so happy for you and proud of you!

Yay!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Holy Buckets woman! YIPPEEE!!! WooHooo! And every other jumping up and down with glee word I could possibly come up with for you!!! Well done my dear and so very exciting! Brava!!!

Anonymous said...

I'd have my people call your people and arrange to do lunch -- just your people and my people, not us... If I had people, that is...

Congratulations. I'm delighted to know someone who has people!

Hermes said...

Peeps is a good thing. Congratulations and I wish you continued success. You remind me of Talking Heads. "How did I get here?" "How do I work this?" Water underground, my friend.

Krystal said...

I tell ya, I re-read your email this morning and then read your post. I have total butterflies in my stomach for you. I'M SO EXCITED!

kimber said...

I'm thrilled for you! Congratulations, and make sure your people schedule you some well-deserved celebration time!

BostonPobble said...

Jaded ~ Shhh...I'm trying to keep the rock star part quiet.

$$ ~ It's enough to know you considered using an exclamation point.

Graziella ~ I refuse to concede that point. ;) But it does feel a long way from the back balcony, doesn't it?

Traci ~ Thank you for your version of the Pobble Hop. :)

Appsrus ~ Hm. This is an interesting dilemma because, while not mentioned, I do consider you one of my people. Perhaps you should call and take yourself to lunch?

GOML! ~ That, actually, has been the song running through my head for about the last 3 weeks. Thanks for getting it.

Krystal ~ Butterflies are good! Thanks for having them right along with me!

Wolfgrrrl ~ Good idea! Thanks for the reminder. Perhaps Salsa dancing until 5 in the morning.

Crow Mother said...

Well I can't let the newest member of your fan base be unaccounted for in the accolades! A toast you you, Dear Pobble! Drink deep!

Love you!!

Crow Mother said...

(um... that would be TO you, Dear Pobble. Everybody needs an editor!) ~Crow

dondon009 said...

Oh what a feeling!

This is the post that has absolutely made my day, my month, my year!

Congratulations, my dear........

I am so very proud of you; of our friendship!

I cannot wait to be standing in line at one of your book signings... SURPRISE!!!!

I am soooooooo loving you,

DON

ZooooM said...

WOW! It's so nice to see someone make a living at something they love. I am very much looking forward to any book offereings you give the world. And web offereings too, it's just that my first love always is and always will be books. Congratulations to you!

Daisy Girl said...

Here I am struggling at work, and you are living the high life! I'm glad that the fates are able to smile upon someone! (though I do have a very supportive store manager and 1 or 2 friends at work, that I just have to keep as secret friends so they don't become snubbed and attacked by these troublemakers!) I'm so glad for you on these lovely new turns of events for you!! That is wonderful! And I thank you so much for always encouraging me, it gives me hope to know that someone out there does care, and wants to hear about my days - for if someone that doesn't even know me can care, then maybe, just maybe, I can turn around these troublemakers and cause them to see that I really am not the horrible person they see me as. And, no, I will not change my vocabulary to reflect those around me. :o) thank you.

BostonPobble said...

Crow Mother ~ Thank you! And, of course, every comment left here is perfectly punctuated and grammatically correct so no worries.

Don ~ So loving you, too!

Zooom ~ Perhaps "making a living" is an overstatement at this juncture. Financially compensated is probably more accurate. ;) And there is something about a book, isn't there?

Daisy ~ One of your regular commenters is "Daisy Mom" so I won't say I'm your biggest blog fan. Instead, I'll say I'm your biggest blog fan of readers who've never met you. Hang in. And remember, we do care.

akakarma said...

Names of the books would be good so's we can get out and buy/read them?! Congrats!

BostonPobble said...

Akakarma ~ Ah yes, you are a relatively new reader. The titles of the books that are already out are Test Words You Should Know and Business Words You Should Know (PT Shank). Once the others come out, trust me ~ it gets announced here. ;)

akakarma said...

Thanks Pobble!

D-Man said...

Wahoo!

Q:"How the hell did I get here?" A: Just a little thing called talent. You can't accomplish what you have by faking it, dear. Congratulations.

Enjoy it.

And as for Mr. Escher: The one time I tried mushrooms my friends sat me down with a book of Escher prints and then made me watch 'A Clockwork Orange'. I've never been the same since...

BostonPobble said...

Akakarma ~ You are more than welcome! Thanks for asking.

D-Man ~ *blush* Thanks. And shrooms combined with Escher and A Clockwork Orange...these were either true friends or not friends At All. ;)