Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Early This Year

While I pride myself on being spontaneous, in some ways, I am remarkably predictable. Every holiday season, I write a PSA about giving. Every October, I write about National Domestic Violence Month. And usually sometime right around the 4th of July, I remind people of the definition of the word "evacuate." That last one isn't waiting until July this year. Thank you, Colorado.

Sadly, there are wildfires in Colorado already this fire season. Even more sadly, homes are being destroyed. The area in question was even under a mandatory evacuation order. Most people listened, and left. My sympathy for them knows no bounds.Then there were the people who stayed. Who are now asking for help. Kind of like for evacuation. Yeah...

Funniest thing about that one; I have no sympathy for them. None. Because you know who would've risked his life to save their homes so they didn't have to stay and try to save their homes themselves? Lithus, and the other pilots like him. You know, the love of my life and my friends.

Guess who are now having to risk their lives even more, because the fires are even closer, are hotter, are more dangerous? Guess who can't just say a building isn't worth risking their lives and stay safe, because it's not just a building any longer; it's people. Who didn't fucking evacuate. When they were ordered to do so. 

So, people, it's fire season. Think about your homes, your belongings. Absolutely. But think about your lives first. And then, even before your damn house, think about the lives of the people who will come get you out of the conflagration when the shit really comes down. And move your fucking ass.

Thanks.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

0 comments: