Pages

Monday, September 09, 2013

A Little Homesick

Usually, when I talk about being homesick, I mean for Boston. Sometimes Worcester. Sometimes New England in general. Almost always Massachusetts. Recently, though, I've meant New Orleans. 

The other day, Lithus and I couldn't remember ...something. I don't remember now. Which street a specific store was on, maybe? Anyway, instead of googling the address, for some reason we ended at google maps. And there were our streets. Our town. Our neighborhood. And it struck just like that. We probably spent four or five minutes ~ which isn't long, but is when you're in the middle of something else ~ just tracing the streets on the map. "Oh look"-ing and "remember that"-ing. 

We arrived in Scottsdale, AZ on July 18th. Due to a doctor's appointment with the still-favored Dr. Daniel (standard follow-up, not a big deal, but not easily rescheduled, either), I go home Sunday. Lithus follows Wednesday ~ two months to the day since we left.

Life on the road is amazing. Amazing. But sometimes...sometimes it's good to go home.








Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.


0 comments: