Pages

Sunday, January 04, 2015

Excited When I Realized A New One's Come Along

I've written a lot about how I love my holiday traditions. Decorating the tree. Looking at Christmas lights. Giving and Boxing Day.

Some traditions, like music, are old, and have been reclaimed. Others, like Christmas Eve tea, are new, but are being held onto. Still others are more vague, unset, unspoken, yet there somehow. A traditional meal with lots of candles on Yule. Dressing on Christmas Eve. Even caroling throughout the month here at Pobble Thoughts.

Some, I'm not in charge of. Lady Blackbelt sends me cookies every year. I'm always nervous that this will be the year she doesn't. Hasn't happened yet, but I'm always nervous until they show up.

Some, are in need of tweaking a bit. Christmas Eve tea was...off...this year. I really don't want to complain, but it wasn't quite what we expect. Next year, we will still go to Christmas Eve tea ~ but we've agreed to find a new hotel or tea room.

And then there are the ones that have just come along ~ like New Year's Eve. Lithus and I have decided that, after the last two years, we have a new tradition: formal for New Year's Eve. The WWII ball last year was incomparable. The event at the Westin this year was fine. But incomparable, or fine, we do love a formal, ticketed, dinner and dancing event. Wherever we end up at the end of this year, he'll be in his tux; I'll be in something floor length. And a tradition is born.



Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

0 comments: