Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Delighted and Foolish, All At Once

Back on the 9th, I wrote about a clear loop recording thingy. The music I chose for the day was one from the Philadelphia Brass Ensemble Christmas album. This album was the sound of my childhood Christmases.

Every single year, it was the way my father let us know we could come into the living room. When we were little, we would have bounced into their bed, and my mother would wrangle us in place until the music came down ~ or up, depending on the house ~ the stairs. Once we started getting older, and weren't quite up to bouncing any longer, the sound of this music would wake us. It was Christmas morning, and the day had finally arrived.

A few years ago, I found this music on youtube and posted it for Christmas day. I'm sure I wept happy tears at finding it, because I have no idea how long it had been since I'd heard that music at all, but especially on Christmas morning. 10 years? 15? I don't know.

Fast forward to the 9th of December, this year. I've posted a song from my childhood and it hits me: I bet my parents' copy of this album wasn't the only one that was ever made. Not only that, but I bet it was put out in different mediums. In fact, I bet that it didn't matter that I don't know what happened to my dad's album. I bet I could my very own version of the Philadelphia Brass Ensemble Christmas album.

Guess what? Amazon. New, for $7.29. I have my very own version of this cd:


So yeah, I feel a little foolish that it took me this long to think of it ~ but more I'm delighted that I finally did.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee to wake up to on Christmas morning.


0 comments: