Pages

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

When Thank You Isn't Enough

What do you do when simply saying "Thank you" isn't enough? Well, if you're me, you write about it and say:







as loudly and as publicly as possible.

See, last night Graziella did three loads of my laundry. And know what? The truth is I think she would have done more had I given her more ~ but I couldn't quite bring myself to do that. Know what else? Last night was the most productive night I've had in a long time. I was even out of my bath by 11:30 instead of just climbing into it. Honestly, I think it is largely because I wasn't distracted by wondering when the hell I was going to get everything else done. Because at least one thing was being done. Actually, three loads were being done. And simply saying "Thank You" isn't enough for that.

Those are grateful Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

7 comments:

christine mtm said...

well, thank you graziella! i don't know what i would do if hubby didn't do my laundry.

and i'm proud of you for being cpr certified!

2 Dollar Productions said...

It's the small things that pay huge dividends, and laundry always falls into that category and I would welcome anyone who cared enough to do mine.

And I think the writing is a good idea, but those extremely long arms scare me a little bit.

Blue Dog Art said...

Good job on the recertification.

nRT said...

congrats on being CPR certified. It must be hard to muster up the courage to go to something that brings up sucky memories.
thanks for your kind comments, and It is a great feeling knowing the now our 18 and 19 year old will be OK. I won't take my guard down yet but I think we will be OK because you are right they have a good foundation and they now know it.
ps my daughters friend loves your book, his family is sharing it in
Venezuela, he is planning on returning next summer with better English skills. I hope it will sell there too.

Rose said...

What a friend! I am preparing to do laundry tonight. Where are my friends when I need help? (LOL)

ZooooM said...

That's totally awesome. You've got great people around you. Warms my heart.

Organized Noise said...

That's what friends, true friends, are for.